2009 Giant Anthem X1

OxfordGTOwnersClb
OxfordGTOwnersClb Posts: 27
edited November 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hi all

I'm seriously considering taking my first step in to full suspension and after doing a bit of research, think I might for a Giant Anthem X1.
Does anyone know of anywhere I can get a good deal on a 2009 model? They seem popular - I can't find any left!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You can't leave GT behind, get a Marathon!!!
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Yes he can it's boty. ;)
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Not sure there are any left anywhere.
    Have you looked at the 2010 X2 or X3.They still have a reasonable spec for the money.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • Not sure there are any left anywhere.
    Have you looked at the 2010 X2 or X3.They still have a reasonable spec for the money.

I hadn't considered a 2010 model to be honest. Are the reviews as good as the 2009's?
    Are there any significant differences?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,799
    I think the X1's went quickly after it won BOTY in WMB - I picked one up in April (before the competition) and there didn't seem to be many around then. if you try hard enough you might find one - good luck.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    The Anthems were getting very hard to come by a few months ago, so you'd probably be lucky to find an 09 X1 anywhere. Could phone around the dealers?

The 2010 is the same frame, but they've adjusted the specs a bit. I like the look of the new X2 - the spec's somewhere between the X2 and X1 from 09.

Awesome bikes! :D
  • Yeah they look great.

Anyone have an idea of the weight of the 2010 X2? I understand the 2009 X1 is around 24lbs?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,799
    I have never weighed mine but the manufacturers quoted weight was 10.9kg for a medium without pedals - thats about 24lbs. it's pretty light :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    edited November 2009
    Given that the 2010 X2 has a smilar spec,to the 09 X1 except for the Fox F100 forks and lowers pecced wheels,I reckon its probably only about 1/2 lb-1lb or so more.
    I`d also look at the X3,which is £1750.OK ,so some of the components are SLX instead of XT and it has Elixir brakes instead of XT,but the frame,fork and shock are the same,and given that SLX has pretty much all the functionality and weighs only a fraction more than XT,I reckon there`s more to be gained by using the spare £250 to buy a nice wheel upgrade.

The black looks good too..... :wink:

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/giant_anthem_x3_.html
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    I'll 2nd that, the black X3 does look very nice in the flesh.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    The blue looks good in the flesh too :D Much nicer than the pics.