juicy 3's

morleyman200
morleyman200 Posts: 513
edited November 2009 in MTB buying advice
to all you have been reading my other threads, i've given up with the hayes, and i think i will buy juicy 3's on CRC i have found them for £110 for the pair on 185 rotors.
and they are IS mount, so will these be ok on any IS mount forks?
the brakes i am using at the moment are 160 rotors, would it matter if i went this slightly bit bigger?

tom

Comments

• What sort of riding do you do?
  • Juicy 3's are nothing in comparisson to the HFX-9's you were looking at in terms of power. The brakes are POST mount calipers so you'll have to get a post or IS adaptor to fit a 185mm disc. The rear brake will in 99.99% of cases come with an IS mount adaptor to fit the rotor you require because 99.99% of frames use IS mounts for the rear caliper.
  • 3110neil
    3110neil Posts: 303
    merlin cycles ,£74.95 160 rotors for front and back
    http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/mountain- ... -sale.html
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    Also how much do you weigh?

Juicy three's are rubbish if your a big lad.
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    i had juicy 3's didnt get on with them and changed to shimano slx which i much prefer
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Mr Wu wrote:
    Also how much do you weigh?

Juicy three's are rubbish if your a big lad.

a very sweeping statment there.

they are fine with bigger rotors.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    IMO juicy 3's are way better than the hfx-9 i tried, plenty of power and i've only run 160mm so far, though i'm thinking of going to 180 for a bit more stopping power. Very good brakes and if you get the front one from CRC stating that it's IS mount then it will come with the IS mount adaptor (you might as well always order them IS mount because it doesn't cost any more and they give you the adaptor anyway, post mount is just the caliper). Hope that made sense
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The brakes are POST mount calipers so you'll have to get a post or IS adaptor to fit a 185mm disc.
    He's already explained that they're IS mount brakes.
  • erm, well its for my brother, he is 13, 5'2'' and about 8 stone. he wants to be doing some 'serious' xcountry riding, jumping, and some 'slight' downhill sort of riding, if that makes sense?

yea if i get the 2 of CRC they are both IS mount but only come with 185, i was just wondering if the 185 rotors would be ok if the forks he are using currently run on 160?

tom
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    160mm is MORE than enough for someone his age/size
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5