Crud Mudguards? Not half!

2»

Comments

• Stellite
    Stellite Posts: 544
    The damage to my carbon frame and forks wasnt worth it. Ive left them off my bike and use my old vintage Quinn for winter now
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Managed to fit them to my Nero Corsa today. The front was easy the rear difficult. I had to saw the end off just past the cable tie slot to get them to fit - as instructed on the video on the crud website which was useful. Looks fine now, a good product I reckon.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    passout wrote:
    I had to saw the end off just past the cable tie slot to get them to fit - as instructed on the video on the crud website which was useful. Looks fine now, a good product I reckon.

so the product is so good that you have to partially destroy them in order to make them fit..??
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    softlad wrote:
    passout wrote:
    I had to saw the end off just past the cable tie slot to get them to fit - as instructed on the video on the crud website which was useful. Looks fine now, a good product I reckon.

so the product is so good that you have to partially destroy them in order to make them fit..??

Despite that it's a good product, yes. My bike has very tight clearances, I never thought anything would fit.

By the way way I got mine new off ebay for 13.50 plus 3.95 postage. See http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... =all&tid=0
    Bargain I reckon.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    softlad wrote:
    passout wrote:
    Yes. It does a job that no other product does as well. The real fault is that the frames are not designed to take mudguards, then we want to fit them. Crudguards are a compromise but a very good one. Mine work fine on a Trek 5200.
  • i have a trek 1.5 bought crud guards spent nearly to hours trying to fit them, in the end i did not throw bike out window but the crud guards flew a veryyyyy long way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Can you get mudguards like you see on some mtbs,
    the ones that clip to seat post on rear
    and on downtube on front?
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    OneLessCar wrote:
    Can you get mudguards like you see on some mtbs,
    the ones that clip to seat post on rear
    and on downtube on front?
    Yes, just use the ones sold for MTBs. They do not provide as much protection though.