I'm still in work! Aaargh.

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited November 2009 in The Crudcatcher
I've been in work since 7.30 this morning and won't be home til about 4.30am! But on the upside i just found out i can post from my phone

Comments

• andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    :shock:

what do you do?
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • welshkev
    I'm an audio visual engineer. We've just done an awards ceremony. Now we're mixing sound for some poo soul band, then we have to rip it all out at 2am!
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    sounds good, long shift though.

have you worked with any good bands then?
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • i feel for you
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hang on, you're an audio visual engineer, but you're mixing the PA?
    Don't you have a dedicated soundman for that?
    pish pish :lol:
  • think of the pay?
  • welshkev
    Ha ha yeehaa! I'm only mixing monitors. A monkey could do that couldn't they? I don't really do many bands but i have done sound for the saturdays, very cute :-)
  • i'm still in my bedroom
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    Ive got work in 4 hours yet im still up browsing MTB forums :shock:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    welshkev wrote:
    Ha ha yeehaa! I'm only mixing monitors. A monkey could do that couldn't they? I don't really do many bands but i have done sound for the saturdays, very cute :-)
    Actually, although monitors are often looked down at, they are really more important than front of house. If the performers can't hear themselves or the others very well, you'll get a bad performance.
    If the FOH messes up, but the monitors are fine, then at least the audience still get a great performance - albeit badly mixed :wink:
  • welshkev
    well i got home at 3.30am on saturday, not as late as i thougt :D but i then had to get up at 10am to drive to torquay with the missus, had a good weekend, but no riding :x

Yeehaa i must be a sound god then because i find mixing monitors quite easy :lol:

a little more bass sir? certainly, i'll just tweak aux 6 8)