Carrera kraken 08

maxamo
maxamo Posts: 51
edited October 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,
I have just got a puncture in my back tyre. I have got a puncture repair kit and have put it on. But when i go to put my rubber treds around the rim of the tyre, it all goes on accept the last bit which seems impossible to push onto the tyre. Can anyone tell me what i could be doing wrong or some tips.
Cheers

Comments

• Do you mean putting the tyre back onto the rim?? If so then make sure you start putting the tyre back on from where the valve hole is.
  • maxamo
    yer thats what i mean. I get like the 95% of the tyre back on then there is like one last bit which seems impossible to get back on
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    To be fair it's a harder combination of rim and tyre than most. If you google it you'll find quite a few people claiming it's a fault and that it's all halfords' fault :wink: It's not of course, it's just a bit harder than most. Just follow the park website, it's spot on. Make really sure that the tyre is in the "valley" in the middle of the rim, that creates extra slack.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • just had exactly the same problem this morning on a carerra fury..
    i wanted to change the front and rear tyres around. got them both off fine. on the rear was a panracer and went back on easy with plastic levers. the other tyre was standard halfords kit, got most of the way on then snapped plastic lever...in the end i got it back on with a flat blade screwdriver and a bit of force, scratched my rim a little bit, luckily its a second hand bike so not too bothered wouldnt do that on a new one tho
    Carerra Fury 08
  • maxamo
    Thats exactly what happend to me :wink:
    I snapped the plastic lever but managed to get it back on