Nice lorry driver

MadammeMarie
MadammeMarie Posts: 621
edited October 2009 in Commuting chat
He was next to me while waiting at the lights at The Cut, opposite the theatre. As I made eye contact with him, he said "good morning", then I asked him if he was turning or going straight ahead he said "straight ahead". Nice to see this. My last experience making eye contact with a lorry driver was quite nasty, almost drove me to tears!

Oh, and this nice driver was kind of hot! :wink: :P

Comments

• always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    illinois_trucker.jpg
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    He was next to me while waiting at the lights at The Cut, opposite the theatre. As I made eye contact with him, he said "good morning", then I asked him if he was turning or going straight ahead he said "straight ahead". Nice to see this. My last experience making eye contact with a lorry driver was quite nasty, almost drove me to tears!

:lol:
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    LOL! I had a great lorry driver yesterday, he let me out past a stopped bus as I was about to dive under the Euston underpass. I'd been slightly late in looking back and signalling out, and he made space for me, I was quite prepared to wait and go behind him.
  • Are those braces so he can measure how fast the belly grows?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • lorry by LB this morning had a speaker blasting out something like "this lorry is turning left....." and something else I couldn't understand.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    At least Clarkson is not a fan of Lorry drivers either.... although there are probably some that help old ladies across the road.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    To add balance I had three bad lorry experiences yesterday

yin and yang dudes! 8)
  • Oh, and this nice driver was kind of hot! :wink: :P
    illinois_trucker.jpg[/quote

:lol::lol::lol: He did not look like this at all. I swear!!!
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    illinois_trucker.jpg[/quote

:lol::lol::lol: He did not look like this at all. I swear!!!

Shame - for a second there i thought i was well in :oops:
  • KonaKurt
    KonaKurt Posts: 720
    illinois_trucker.jpg

I'm wondering if his untamed beard is intended to be ragged like that. I think I can see a small bird nesting in it...

KK.
  • Maybe it's because I'm not in London, but my experiences with HGV's have been alright. I don't meet that many, but when I have I've found them to be the most patient of all drivers I've come across, and they've not desperately tried to get past me on a tiny bit of straight with a corner near, for example.

Buses on the other hand, don't get me started - I think they're the worst things on the road, generally driven by invalids or something.

I guess there's good ones and bad ones - goes for anything. There does seem to be a really nasty trend of young women and HGVs turning left though :(