Idiots on motorbikes night last night.

UndercoverElephant
UndercoverElephant Posts: 5,796
edited October 2009 in Commuting chat
Anyone else notice this new pre-Hallowe'en tradition starting up last night?

Was riding home along a main road, and me and a biker got held-up behind a right-turning car, when the car moved, Mr Biker decided that he'd turn on the style a bit and show off what his motor could do (they love doing this when overtaking real bikes round here). Sadly for him, the road was a bit slippy, and "what his motor could do" was turn his bike into a cross between a bucking bronco and a mackerel, his bike went left, then right, then left again over and over again, with each over-corrected reaction causing a bigger and bigger reaction.

Fair play to the guy, he managed to correct it after about ten attempts and didn't land on the road, but very funny none the less. Sadly I couldn't catch up with him to take the piss.

Later on I was overtaken by a young lad on a moped with his girlfriend riding pillion, and no lights at all, going about 30 mph along a 60 limit road. Frightening.

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Must be an East thing, were any of them in fancy dress? Did they stop tourist buses? The Clown and the Wolf Man?

restless_natives_2.jpg
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Soul Boy
    Soul Boy Posts: 359
    Had one last week thought it'd be good fun to use me as a mobile chicane, f-me, he got close (enough for me to feel the air disturbance) and at quite a speed too. sadly I was unable to catch him up. Some people are complete twunts.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I was overtaken once by an older gentleman on a moped doing 30 on a 60 road. I ended up passing him about 3/4 of a a mile down the road while he was sitting in a bus shelter having a rest :lol:
  • Must be an East thing, were any of them in fancy dress? Did they stop tourist buses? The Clown and the Wolf Man?

restless_natives_2.jpg

Dammit, I've seen that when younger...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Jehannum
    Jehannum Posts: 107
    The Clown and the Wolf Man?

Restless Natives?
    Reduce your carbon footprint - ride a metal bike!
  • Wallace1492
    Jehannum wrote:

Restless Natives?

Top marks!! One of my favourite films of all time. Music by Big Country, filmed in edinburgh, Glencoe, Lochgilphead, Rannoch Moor and other places....
  • bradford
    bradford Posts: 195
    Jehannum wrote:

Restless Natives?

Top marks!! One of my favourite films of all time. Music by Big Country, filmed in edinburgh, Glencoe, Lochgilphead, Rannoch Moor and other places....
    I remember it,but who was in it?
  • Wallace1492
    bradford wrote:
    Jehannum wrote:

Restless Natives?

I remember it,but who was in it?

Without google... I remember the american guy that squealed like a piggie from Deliverance..... Ah Ned Beaty. The clown and wolf man I cannot remember. The scottish copper did a lot of local stuff in Scotland.
  • Must be an East thing, were any of them in fancy dress? Did they stop tourist buses? The Clown and the Wolf Man?

restless_natives_2.jpg

ROFL, nice wan Wallace. Totally love that film. :D

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089904/

Back on topic slightly. Was sat in Morrisons petrol station watching others fill their cars/bikes up and two kids on scooters were filling up. They finished and paid and got back to their bikes and started the engines with full revs and pulled away, the high revs continued as they pulled onto the road which lead to a 180 spin and liying the bike on the tarmac :lol: Just wished I had the cameraphone ready.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.