What wheels?

gregmorris234
gregmorris234 Posts: 168
edited October 2009 in MTB general
What wheels does the Carrera Kraken 06 use? I'm being searching the internet for ages. Cant even find out what wheels they are on this years version.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    mat I ask why?

what do you want to know?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Because i need to replace one of mine because its completely screwed. The back one needs to be reaplced. I cant go have a look because my bike is up my fathers.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    any will do.
    The detail

The frame is a real looker, with its polished finish and grey graphics, and the Suntour XCR fork, with 100mm of travel plus lockout and preload adjustment, looks like it could have been made for the Kraken. The bike comes with cable operated Tektro discs, a SRAM 27-speed transmission including X.7 trigger shifters, an SX5 rear mech, and a budget Truvativ Isoflow crank. The wheels, bar, stem and saddle are all no-name components.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    Details available on this very website - click on 'show full spec' on top right:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... aken-10013
  • Damn. That sucks. Which wheel should i buy then. I need something relatively cheap.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    How cheap is cheap? Hmm. It's just possible I could sell you a pair of wheels off an 08 Kraken, if you want to keep the same model, just with a more recent and higher spec... They're not any more "right" for the bike than any other mind.

Don't worry about not getting the same rim, the old ones were nothing special. Neither are the new ones ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • How much are we talking? The only reason I wanted the same one was because i thought it would look stupid with different wheels but doesnt bother me much now.
  • 2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo