thompson elite layback post
xt crank and bb
x9 rear mech
hope hubs
mavic 521 rims
rocket ron tyres
pike 351 95mm/140mm
fox float rp2 shock
what you all think? been offered it for a good price so may go for it need to lend money but to me seems a good deal/spec. :?

Comments

• How much?
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    Pretty decent spec - how much?
  • lets say mates rates :D
  • pm sent to grumsta and spiderman
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    I personally wouldn't have put the mono mini's on there, but otherwise the spec is great.

Obviously nobody can tell you if it's a good deal without knowing the price and condition. Assuming good/nearly new nick and £1000 or less it's an absolute bargain IMO.
  • anyone else own one if so thoughts please
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    anyone else own one if so thoughts please
    Bike was a complete sell-out last year and every single comment I've heard from individuals or the press has been positive.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • grumsta
    I love mine but it does depend where/what kind of riding you do. I use it for general xc duties in the Lakes and it's great for the rocky descents, but maybe a bit on the heavy side for pedalling up big hills (I have still taken it up stuff like Helvellyn and High Street no problems) or riding all day.

It was also great in the alps doing semi-dh type stuff (Megavalanche etc) with some big dual-ply tyres and a chain device. I have also used it on some easier dh tracks here like the Shredder at Ae.

But if you only ride trail centres or less steep/rocky xc stuff you might not see the benefits as much. It's not as good on tight, twisty stuff because it's quite long and has a slack head angle. But just pointing it down a steep rocky hill and going as fast as you dare is amazing fun. :)
  • ahh you have got me thinking i ride mainly trail centres and some local routes for which i love my hard tail but feel as though im missing something not having full suspension. I like climbing :shock: and single track stuff ,my down hill is ok but could be better my twitch point is to low :D .
    My first plan was to hopefully get a trek ex8 with some money i should be getting but this has come up and seems to good to miss when i do ride all day its usually only once a mth due to family etc, but other times can get out most weekends and some night times.
    I suppose what im saying is would this bike be to much for me oh yeah and im also hopefully going to carry on racing xc next year when i get better. (not on the pitch)
    Thanks all any thoughts?
  • GHill
    It might be a bit much in some cases, but it'll be a blast down the more technical descents.

Having seen the price via PM, buy it - don't even think about not buying it :twisted: :lol:

(Fuel EX 8 owner for what it's worth)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Just to let you into the price...

£600!!!

I told him to bit this hand off!
  • supersonic wrote:
    Just to let you into the price...

£600!!!

I told him to bit this hand off!

Me too! :lol:
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • grumsta
    Yeah I said just buy it too - even if it is ott. It will still be great fun. Wasn't he trying not to let on the price in case his mate ended up selling it on here etc? :P
  • yeah that was the case but whats done is done thats why i pmed :D ,up to 95 percent i will have it just gotta tell missus and get money together
  • GHill
    i will have it just gotta tell missus and get money together

Tell the missus? It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission! :twisted:
  • missus just took grader off clipers while cutting my hair to trim around back off neck and put them on my head by mistake when i had calmed down and gone down to grade 1 to hide the patch on my head i brought up the bike she is cool about it but questioned do i need 4 bikes! and can i find money :oops: (no but its a early xmas prezzie to myself).
    Do i need 4 bikes no do i want 4 bikes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    Thanks.
  • Brought it im nervous in debt again! but happy some nights cleaning and fettling soon, hope i like it gonna be a long five weeks while i wait for collarbone to heal properly :cry:
  • GHill
    Awesome (well, not the haircut or knackered collarbone)!
  • cannot wait really excited, collarbone will heal, hair will grow back (p!ss takin at work my last a bit though).
  • Duffer
    Duffer Posts: 379
    You'd be mad not to. They sold out last year, for a damn good reason. I use mine for everything from the local woods to trail center black runs and Dartmoor day-outs. Can't recommend it enough.
  • Got it and im in love
  • Duffer
    Duffer Posts: 379
    Pics, or it didn't happen!
  • You will have to take my word on it trust me it has happened! Cannot post pics because in my run off bad luck (oven,cd player,hoover,camera,camcorder,collarbone) all of these broke :roll: