Peak or not?

2»

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Hah! I might give that a go then tonight.
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    softlad wrote:
    Steve_b77 wrote:
    His helmet looks like it's perched ontop of his head

where else would it be perched..?

It's so far above his head it looks liek he's borrowed a childs helmet and tried to make it fit
  • Barteos
    Barteos Posts: 657
    Helmets with peaks are very practical as they help dealing with rain, low sun and most importantly with car lights (long beam anyone?).
    With an adjustable peak there's no problem with riding on drops.

It takes confidence and maturity as a rider to wear what YOU like and what works for YOU, not what some self righteous fashionistas want you to wear.
    I'd ignore posters trying to tell you what's right or wrong.

As for the style, I think that the only people considering road helmets as cool are the ones wearing them :)
  • floosy
    floosy Posts: 270
    I use a peak simply to shield my eyes from the sun... I hate wearing sunglasses.... (use clear lenses)..
  • Old Tuggo
    Old Tuggo Posts: 482
    A few years ago when Max Scandri was the team leader, Nick Craig in the back up team at the World RR Champs, wore at a peaked hat. He was very noticeable not just for his hat but also for his strong riding.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Barteos wrote:
    It takes confidence and maturity as a rider to wear what YOU like and what works for YOU, not what some self righteous fashionistas want you to wear.

Yeah but we'll think you're totally lame.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • Oh come on, no helmet looks good, if you think it does, your perceptions may have become somewhat distorted.

Practical reasons are the only justification.

The end
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Peaks on helmets, dork discs, reflectors on spokes, bells all wrong for roadies.

No peaks on helmets, they make you pedal slower, it a scientific fact. :wink:
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    nolf wrote:
    Cool roadies have cotton caps which they wear underneath their helmets.

very cool roadies don't bother with helmets at all.

x10
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    Old Tuggo wrote:
    A few years ago when Max Scandri was the team leader, Nick Craig in the back up team at the World RR Champs, wore at a peaked hat. He was very noticeable not just for his hat but also for his strong riding.
    He also wore one in the Sydney Olympics. Black socks too if I remember right.
    Peak for MTB riding and wet or low sun(?) on the road in winter. I don't give a **** what it looks like.
  • no bell? but its the law....