Corima wheel transfers

beetle1
beetle1 Posts: 189
edited November 2009 in Workshop
Hi all, just bought a set of Corima Aero wheels and the decals/stickers are a bit on the tatty side. Does anybody know where i can get some made as i dont really want the original type with the yellow flashes, any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• How about taking the decals off and having plain carbon ? The minimalist look is quite in now....
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Ebay.

But I'd go nekkid...
  • beetle1
    Thanks guys, i had thought about going naked but wondered if they were available anywhere
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Decals make the wheels heavier.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Tempestas
    Tempestas Posts: 486
    Or get some made by a local Sign writer to your specification, I get stickers made up by a company local to me who do vehicle graphics
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Most sign-writers can do custom vinyl transfers - your only limit is your imagination. There is a guy on ebay, but he's quite expensive. If you want actual Corima stickers, you could always try Yellow Ltd, the Corima UK distributor - won't be cheap though.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • beetle1
    yes did try yellow but the originals have yellow on them and it wont suit my colour scheme
  • Woolfie
    Woolfie Posts: 34
    I got some newer stickers for my older (about 2005) version aero front and Corima disc rear from Yellow about a year ago. My original stickers were small and yellow but the newer ones are larger white CORIMA lettering in Italic. The remainder of the graphic is a tapering stripe in yellow / grey (from memory) which was a separate graphic and I didn't put these on so the wheels have no yellow on them. I think they were about £30 for stickers for both wheels (memory a bit hazy though).

The other option is to have some made up as mentioned.
    Bakewell Toybox
    Bakewell
    Derbyshire

www.welovetoys.co.uk
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    beetle1 wrote:
    yes did try yellow but the originals have yellow on them and it wont suit my colour scheme

I applaud you for being one of the few riders(on this forum) who has ever admitted to buying some component, frame, or wheel because he liked the color scheme. Seems like most everyone else CLAIMS to buy bike "stuff" based on aero coefficients, Q factors, frame stiffness parameters, and the like, but I've always thought that I sensed an undercurrent of unspoken "love that color", "love that look", kind of thing. I bought a blue
    bike because I liked the color. Put yellow bar tape on it because I liked the look. I bought this bike in chromed, lugged steel with a chrome fork. I like chrome. :wink::wink:
  • beetle1
    Hi Guys, i took Napoleon's advice and went naked. What a pain in the backside they were to get off. The large sections peeled away without a problem but the 'Aero' section was a nightmare. I suppose i'm reserving judgement for the time being so will see how they look on the new Dogma when it arrives next week. Thanks to all for advice.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    pictures please beetle1 ...... should look much better with no stickers on a Dogma ...
  • beetle1
    Yes giant will do. Any idea how you upload photo's on here, have to confess ive never done it, chers
  • I've made Corima stickers for a few people in whatever colour they wanted. Have the artwork for the logo and the lettering styles. All computer cut, for not a lot of dosh
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.
  • beetle1
    Pete, e-mail sent, thanks
  • leloby
    leloby Posts: 50
    I have loads of Corima Winium stickers. If the Corima part is any use to you pm me.

Cheers.