Langster and SKS Chromoplastic Mud Guards

mostly harmless
mostly harmless Posts: 162
edited October 2009 in Workshop
By way of a public service announcement as I couldn't find anything on the net about his I have sucessfully put full length SKS mudguards on a langster with only minor modifications.

P1000119.jpg

In order to make it easy to change the rear wheel I've used two of the 3mm safety release widgets usually used on the front on the back. You can get them from Chain Reactions here http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=36788

P1000120.jpg

As the Langster doesn't have a chainstay bridge it was necessary to drill two 5mm holes in each side of the guard near the bottom and use zip ties to hold it to the chainstay (it was quite a tight fit already and the zip ties are really for peace of mind)

P1000122.jpg

Although the new Crud guards would probably work too this option is ~£6 cheaper assuming you get the guards from Ribble. In addition I'm not sure how the Crud guards would work with track ends but I'm sure someone can comment.

In terms of time it took me an hour but it's not the first set of SKS guards I've fitted so I knew some of the tricks of installing them.

Comments

• wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    divvent want to pi$$ on your chips like, but those stays could do with a bit of a trim, well more than a bit
  • wiffachip wrote:
    divvent want to pi$$ on your chips like, but those stays could do with a bit of a trim, well more than a bit

Not sure I follow?
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    the skinny shiney metal bits that are sticking above the mudguard need trimming and then the plastic caps putting on