Watches when cycling

1235»

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Sewinman wrote:

:) I have changed my mind. Road bikes are the ultimate Veblen goods. This morning I got scalped by a guy on a Brompton on the col de Waterloo Bridge. That should be an impossibility considering what i paid for my bike versus his, and my bike is a racer! Conclusion - price of bike has little to no effect on performance.

How come some Bromptons are rapid!

Brompton's are becoming the new enemy. Many many people (I consider them worshippers of our very own 'Nordic Thunder warlord', Clever Pun) are purpose building there Bromptons with despicably high gearing to demoralising roadies.

All those fakengers that plagued Shoreditch are selling their Single Speeds, skinny jeans and marajuana for a Brompton, pin stripe suit and Omega watch... quick turn of speed, suit jacket flapping in the wind and as they pass you a flick of the wrist to check the time...

Soon Bricklane will be filled with scummy Bromptonites in cheap suits and fake watches... it's the new vogue...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • All those fakengers that plagued Shoreditch are selling their Single Speeds, skinny jeans and marajuana for a Brompton, pin stripe suit and Omega watch... quick turn of speed, suit jacket flapping in the wind and as they pass you a flick of the wrist to check the time...

What next, Hybrids as the next hipster must have?!
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    Full-bouncer BSO's surely. It's ironic, dontchaknow
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I saw a lovely Rado watch that I could see myself owning.

http://s7ondemand4.scene7.com/is/image/ ... detail475$

Though I'd go for the silver option with silver hands not gold.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Hmm I always thought that the style of Rado watches was more suited to women? Maybe thats just me.