I'll farkin knawck you's orf.....

2»

Comments

• jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    Most recently I've found a puzzled/dismayed look and shake of the head good

+1

I alternate between the
    a) more disappointed than annoyed headshake - quite belittling and condescending that one. Seems to crush without getting them steamed up.
    b) sarcastic cheezy grin/wink/thumbs up/mouthed "oh well done!" - doesn't stake such a claim to the moral highground, more likely to get a rise but still fairly ego-deflating

oh and of course the torrent of obscenities on the odd occasion when I lose my composure :oops:

J
  • yup - if you're stopped, a polite round of applause always works well.

I had to shut a guy in a suit on a brompton up today - he stopped next to me at a traffic light (yes, I always stop) and told me I was dangerous for weaving in and out of traffic - even though, being a motorcycle driver as well, I always check behind and to my right before pulling out. the old 'opinions are like arseholes mate' stood me in good stead, and the best comeback he had was 'takes one to know one', so as I pedalled (safely, happily) off I considered myself the winner of that one.
  • salsajake
    salsajake Posts: 702
    yup - if you're stopped, a polite round of applause always works well.

I had to shut a guy in a suit on a brompton up today - he stopped next to me at a traffic light (yes, I always stop) and told me I was dangerous for weaving in and out of traffic - even though, being a motorcycle driver as well, I always check behind and to my right before pulling out. the old 'opinions are like arseholes mate' stood me in good stead, and the best comeback he had was 'takes one to know one', so as I pedalled (safely, happily) off I considered myself the winner of that one.

Its not a bad comeback in the circumstances. Maybe a draw. If I were him, I'd have said to you "sorry, you're a what?" (very immature but hard to come back from!)

But then if I were him:

I wouldn't be on a Brompton
    I wouldn't be cycling in a suit
    If I was either of the above I wouldn't have the cheek to have a go at someone who was actually out riding their bike in a normal manner. Perhaps if he wasn't so focussed on not sweating or making his suit dirty he would realise it isn't dangerous to be 'dynamic' in traffic if you know what you are doing.
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    Greg T wrote:
    Hrun wrote:
    I drive a passat as a rep in the south west and do 4k miles a month.

you touch my car and we will have issues.

Perhaps it would be best if you identified your Repmobile in some manner to make sure no-one messes with it..

What about festooning the inside with McDonalds wrappers and have it smell of desperation and cheap aftershave?

Welcome to the forum!

Once again you live up to your avatar Greg. I'm humbled :lol:
  • rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    The windscreen wiper one is quite a clever one actually, as you would have to get out the car to fix that one. Where as a wing mirror, most drivers would probably leave it until they were at their destination or when somebody couldn't see them get out.

The trouble is though, that some nutters would probably try and run you over if you were in front of their vehicle, after an altercation trying to mess with their wipers.
  • salsajake wrote:
    Perhaps if he wasn't so focussed on not sweating or making his suit dirty he would realise it isn't dangerous to be 'dynamic' in traffic if you know what you are doing.

Amen brothers and sisters, amen.
  • Hrun
    Hrun Posts: 116
    Greg T wrote:
    Hrun wrote:
    I drive a passat as a rep in the south west and do 4k miles a month.

you touch my car and we will have issues.

Perhaps it would be best if you identified your Repmobile in some manner to make sure no-one messes with it..

What about festooning the inside with McDonalds wrappers and have it smell of desperation and cheap aftershave?

Welcome to the forum!
    Haha, nice snip. Makes me look a tit ;)

No wrappers, it has taken me 18 months to lose 4 1/2 stone through running and biking :)

My car has Nibe on the back but that doesn't matter as A) I won't give you reason to mess and B) you can't see the back when I am tailing you up a hill waiting for a safe point to pass :)

My point is yes the drivers deserve to lose their licence, but aggressive reactions invite continued bad behaviour and tar all cyclists with the same brush.

Just want to say I can't commute as I leave for visits from my house but you guys are awesome.
    A biking runner :)