Bosisio positive

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2010 in Pro race
For EPO
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• iainf72
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,477
    Is anyone surprised? I know I'm not.
  • iainf72
    But it'll be the only time he made the mistake. He was probably at a low point and trying to get a new contract...

Would I make a good pro yet?
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Recon LPR will get into any big races next year?
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:
    But it'll be the only time he made the mistake. He was probably at a low point and trying to get a new contract...

Would I make a good pro yet?

Not until you learn the golden rule - deny everything until the B sample's been tested.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    teagar wrote:

I think they're dead already
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    iainf72 wrote:
    teagar wrote:

I think they're dead already
    If cqranking.com is anything to go by, the team will be called "Farnese Vini - Stacplastic" next year.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    How many is that now from LPR? Di Luca, Petacchi, Bosisio... what are the odds on Spezialetti being next?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Can someone please explain why he would be taking EPO in September?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    Guessing - world championships??

He was 2nd in the Italian national time trial championship of 2009.
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah but he didn't ride...unless maybe trying to perform in a race to get selected. The last race he rode was in June?!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Riders take it all year round. Some even take it in winter to keep their haematocrit count up, they pretend to have a naturally high count and so need to fake this all year round for the biopassport. Not saying our Gabriele was doing this but taking a doping product within the season is hardly a surprise.
  • frenchfighter
    Ok thanks that would make sense.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    Or alternatively, if you're using EPO your body shuts down its own production so you need to do it for health reasons

Dekker's + was from December
  • Shoot.
    LPR on the skids, without brakes.
    Bosisio was their number 2 GC/semi classic rider to Di Luted.

Still a lot of big races left in Italy over the next two weeks

Iain is like the Grim Reaper.....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    UCI are saying it was strange blood profile which triggered the urine test for EPO
  • another supposedly classy rider :(
  • iainf72 wrote:
    UCI are saying it was strange blood profile which triggered the urine test for EPO

As opposed to other strange profiles, which trigger nothing except UCI PR smoke.
    Second tier team, second tier rider and the fearless UCI doping crusaders leap into action.
    Top tier riders? Leave them to the French.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    Top tier riders? Leave them to the French.

And if they bust no one, will Pat point at them and laugh?
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    iainf72 wrote:

As opposed to other strange profiles, which trigger nothing except UCI PR smoke.

Maybe these other strange profiles you speak (who exactly ? ) triggered extra testing but nothing came of it. The UCI catch a rider through passport programme irregularities which is what we want to see and all you do is criticise. Damned if they do and damned if they dont with you and others it seems.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    andyp wrote:
    Is anyone surprised? I know I'm not.

I would be surprised if you were surprised since have already said you think most professional cyclists take PEDs.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • The probem is Moray that theres two sets of rules one that applies to the stars of the sport and another for the rest. The passport seems to be giving them an extra arm to fight with as it seems as though they are catching the cheaters more regularly but this may just be a perception not sure if they actually are. What is intresting is that it seems to be catching the second tier riders which would support the theory that these riders cant afford the doctors to help them manage their doses and such.
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Moray Gub wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Maybe these other strange profiles you speak (who exactly ? ) triggered extra testing but nothing came of it. The UCI catch a rider through passport programme irregularities which is what we want to see and all you do is criticise. Damned if they do and damned if they dont with you and others it seems.

exactly , bio passport is working.
  • iainf72
    You've gotta hand it to Marco Pinotti

http://twitter.com/marcopinotti/status/4662267324
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Good point by Pinotti.
    Dave_1 wrote:
    exactly , bio passport is working.
    To some extent, yes. But it catches the dorks.

I like to think of it as a bit like a speed camera: they catch careless drivers. But you can still speed in between the cameras, not being caught by a camera is not proof you drive safely. And the richer you are, the more you can avoid the cameras, you can pay for a radar detector and get a sat nav to warn you of any upcoming cameras.

The same is true in cycling. The joyriding idiot will get caught by the bio passport but a sophisticated doper will employ the likes of Dr Ferrari and so present normal results when tested.

What is working is the blood testing. The passport can check values but sampling the blood for new substances is working. The net is closing in but there are still some big holes in it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • frenchfighter
    UCI
    This adverse finding was a direct result of a targeted urine test conducted immediately after a blood test triggered an unusual blood profile within the biological passport programme.

The provisional suspension remains in force until a hearing panel convened by the Italian Cycling Federation determines whether Mr Bosisio has committed an anti-doping rule violation under Article 21 of the UCI Anti-Doping Rules.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850
    Fcking Italians eh?
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    phips wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    I like to think of it as a bit like a speed camera: they catch careless drivers. But you can still speed in between the cameras, not being caught by a camera is not proof you drive safely.

What an excellent analogy.

Not getting "caught" is not proof that you've done anything wrong. An ever better analogy.
    With Klebers reasoning you are guilty BECAUSE you're not in jail and have therefore NOT been caught, yet. Or something along those lines. Although I'm sure he didn't mean it that way. Or did he???? :wink: