Need to make pee pee

amochrie
amochrie Posts: 73
edited October 2009 in Road beginners
So Im wanting to buy my first pair off bib tights. Assos Winter LL look like a good choice. One question though, when Im out on a cold winter day on a good long ride, how do I go for a pee without having to take jacket, and top off then take down the bibs off the shoulder etc...?? Never worn bibs before but having to do all this seems a major hassle..

Comments

• bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    If you bend forward at the waist the bibtights should be loose enough for you to whip the old fella out and enable you to do your thang.

Edit - unless you're a girl. In which case it's more tricky.

Edit (again) - I thought my 1000th post would be more profound than this. :oops:
  • Hmmmm....this sounds dangerous!
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    edited October 2009
    You have to be careful of the bow-and-arrow effect! :shock:

...apparently.
    Cycling weakly
  • so in reality there is no easy way?! Aim, fire and take your chances..
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    It's not hard, (although if it was then it would be more difficult) unless the front of the tights are really high, then they usually have a zip at the front to allow access.

The castelli free bibtights are very low at the front I'd imaginewith those it would be a piece of p*ss (boom boom)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Nope, there's no easy way.
    But, the extra comfort you get while riding is worth it as compared to normal "waisted shorts" that either cut into your waist or alternately ride-down. :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    My DHB ones have a "comfort" zip which when lowered reveals my belly button. Then I have to assume a Quazimodo-like stoop and do a bit of rummaging (and on a cold day some stretching of the offending item) before releasing it. Not a good combination: lycra and body parts under tension, and a savage little zip.

On the positive side I can carry on cycling for longer with a bladder the size of a spacehopper than I could in shorts or tights with a waistband.
  • HonestAl
    HonestAl Posts: 406
    +1 for bobtbuilder's solution, it works for me. But care is definitely in order :)
    "The only absolute statement is that everything is relative" - anon
  • Is making pee pee often an issue when out cycling for most of us? I find that even when out on a cloudy cool day, and drinking lots of fluid, I don't seem to need to go THAT badly. A did a 100 mile ride a little while ago and was out for hours and hours and only stopped once to frighten the cows with a sneaky wee at the side of their field.
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    Only ever stopped once to "syphon the python" during a ride. I always wear bibshorts or biblongs and it's never been a problem even having a quick wee before leaving the house.
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 42,217
    It's not hard

Just as well cos that would really make going for a pee difficult :lol:
  • Just stow it downwards. Bib shorts don't even reach the knee so you can feed the old chap out that way. With tights you can tuck him in your sock when you've finished.
    I may be a minority of one but that doesn't prevent me from being right.
    http://www.dalynchi.com
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    just go in your pants. Thats what I do. :wink:
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    MTFU and catheterize yourself before every ride. Spare bidon for collection. :twisted:

Seriously, don't do this, there are much more sensible options given without risking infection and other such nasties!
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    How many times do I have to tell you, go before the start of the lesson, sorry I mean ride
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Dealing with a number one is easy, bit more hassle if you need a number two!
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    If you slip the shoulder straps down inside your top, you create a vital bit of extra room for manouvre. Errr this all sounds a bit weird :?
    The older I get the faster I was
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,708
    In shorts: Pull the left leg of the shorts up, stop pedalling for a little while, take aim at the side of the road and fire!

Don't even need to stop.
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    whyamihere wrote:
    In shorts: Pull the left leg of the shorts up, stop pedalling for a little while, take aim at the side of the road and fire!

+ make sure rest of peleton is ahead of you so as not to be sprayed :shock:
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/