Is the Atomlab 920F Hub servicable?

Buckled_Rims
Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
edited October 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Is the Atomlab 920F front Hub servicable?

If it is, anyone got an idea how to pull it apart? The only idea I've got is somehow to unscrew both ends of the 20mm axle cups in opposite direction. I've tried googling, but no luck. I doubt it's worth a professional cleaning/greasing it as it's been heavily used.

Any other info on the product much appreciated.
CAAD9
Kona Jake the Snake
Merlin Malt 4

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Does the website have any service guides.
  • I've just had an email from a friend who hangs around with dirt jumpers. Basically Atomlabs calls the 920F as GI front hubs. So as I was looking for a specfic hub, it's actually a general issue 20mm hub from Atomlabs. However, the (service guide) diagram looks a bit different to mine now I've pulled the rotor dust covers off.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    Just an update to keep for forum workshop record.

Ok, I took the hub to a friend's friend and he showed me how to pull the hub apart. The chap had an extracting device that pulled the inner axle tube out along with the cartridge bearing, he then turned it over and pulled it from the other-side, pulling the other side's cartridge bear out (hope you understood that?).

Only 6 pieces in the entire hub and they were very clean! Putting them back in was a bit awkward as the cartridges were very tight to get in. Anyhow, it runs smoothly and he recommended selling it on ebay for some dirt jumper to drool over. :D
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4