MTB Shirt Printing?

joec1
joec1 Posts: 494
edited October 2009 in MTB buying advice
A Group of us (friends and fellow riders) near me have been entering a few races of late (not neccesarily winning but having fun in doing so)

just wondered if anyone knew of a company that would print mtb Jersey/Shirts with a small group slogan? at a "not rediculous" price?

Cheers in advance
www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.

Comments

• Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    One of my kids is into "Cos Play", and he somehow makes logos/and wording from the computer. He then prints these on transfer paper, and the missus irons them on.

I don't know how this would work for lycra, as most of his stuff is cotton.
    But, having bought shirts/had them printed, it a hell of a lot cheaper!

If you had non lycra tops, you could possibly do it. The effect is very impressive too.
    Surely these info on the Web about this stuff?
  • These guys look good, I have no experience with them though.

http://www.thecyclejersey.com/

Our club got shirts through Endura, but it was a fairly slow process.
  • Splottboy wrote:
    One of my kids is into "Cos Play", and he somehow makes logos/and wording from the computer. He then prints these on transfer paper, and the missus irons them on.

I don't know how this would work for lycra, as most of his stuff is cotton.
    But, having bought shirts/had them printed, it a hell of a lot cheaper!

If you had non lycra tops, you could possibly do it. The effect is very impressive too.
    Surely these info on the Web about this stuff?

To get a good fix you need to hold the iron for around 10 seconds which I would imagine would melt lycra?
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • That co looks pretty good, maybe we should try and organise a group buy or something for forum jersey's, that way when we're next on the trail we can spot the other bikeradarers!

8)

Options of lycra or freeride styles at no extra cost too!
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    HandjobDan wrote:
    That co looks pretty good, maybe we should try and organise a group buy or something for forum jersey's, that way when we're next on the trail we can spot the other bikeradarers!

8)

Options of lycra or freeride styles at no extra cost too!

That is a bluddy good idea, it could be like the PistonHeads symbol on a car window. I say we do it! :D
  • we got ours done by Vermarc in Belgium. A very roadie oriented brand (I'm not big and needed an XXXL :shock: ) but quality was good

Took 8 weeks though and beware the colour matching is never perfect.

we are considering using the cyclejersey next time, partly because they have more styles available... see how it goes

oh, and having trawled around myself, the minimum order seems to be 5-8 jerseys, depending on who you go to. I really wish someone would make some interweb portal thing where you could design and order individual Jerseys (afterall they're all over telling you how digital the printing process is these days), but there seems to be too much set up involved to be worth the faff at the moment
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • As above, why I thought a Forum one could be a good idea, give everyone a sense of community and custom element to their clothing when riding, other forums have them, so what do we think for designs then.

Bear in mind that their is already a team bikeradar, so it has to be different from that, doesn't it?
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    lol yea.

have taken a look at a few sites but just wondered if there were any in the uk that were sensible? cheapest i found was £33 per shirt....
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    joec1 wrote:
    lol yea.

have taken a look at a few sites but just wondered if there were any in the uk that were sensible? cheapest i found was £33 per shirt....

That sounds like a good deal for a custom bike jersey to me!
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    yeah. Probably about right.
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    These guys look good, I have no experience with them though.

http://www.thecyclejersey.com/

We've just used them and they were very good

Here they are in action(well standing around)

6919_140687659418_588304418_2470084_6946254_n.jpg
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    having a forum printed top sounds like a plan. we shold have adesign comp. Surly with bikeradars pull with companys they should be able to strike a deal for us.
  • I was giving this more thought last night and think along with the bikeradar logo, the tops should have the magazine titles that make up the site as well, not sure about designs though. Are there any design whizzes about or students good with drawing programs?

Should we start a new thread in another section of the forum to raise awareness of our plan :twisted:

:wink:
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    I'm a designer, we'd need to get all the logos in the correct format, you can't just copy them of the web, for best results you need what's called a vector file, which you'd have to get from the relevant people with permission to use for making a jersey. Once we had those the design side would be fairly easy and I'd be happy to come up with some ideas or convert other people ideas into a format that's suitable to send for print (part of what I do for living!)
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    I've got Adobe Illustrator and can lay my hands on all the EPS files for the logos we'll need. I'll give it a crack tonight.
  • You'll be suprised what Decathlon can do very cheaply. A Tribond top with single colour logo about 14quid
    Turner 5Spot '11
    Spesh Rockhopper '08
    Cube Agree HPA '10
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Brilliant idea, a forum top would be a great idea. Nice to be able to identify other forum members while out on the trails :)
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • XxxBFGxxX
    what style top ya thinking of getting done and what about jackets. would we be able to get xxxl size aswell for the bigger guys??
  • XxxBFGxxX wrote:
    what style top ya thinking of getting done and what about jackets. would we be able to get xxxl size aswell for the bigger guys??

The company linked to in the 3rd post, does either xc cycle tops or Freeride tops, so you'll have a choice, not sure on sizes as we should get a design first and then concentrate on details afterwards.
  • XxxBFGxxX
    a little idea for our tops we could have a forum slogan.

MTFU

lmfao it gets thrown around on the site alot. lol