Road Bikes..

13»

Comments

• I gues all the drugs/steriods that Roadies take results in their small winkies!!
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    XxxBFGxxX wrote:
    Andy_B wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    Also they have small willies.
    I'd like to know how you know this ;)

*resists dragging up that pic of the Polish cycling team in red Lycra shorts*

you mean this one lmfao sorry couldnt resist

4695_191034770463_738650463_7086008_1127663_n.jpg

WhatHasBeenSeenCannotBeUn-Seen.jpg

My thoughts too-

BFG I hope you don't have that picture saved?!!!

not saved on the puter its on my FB account it was sent to me ages ago lol
  • Tel39
    Tel39 Posts: 243
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Basically I took it out last night and thought.... why the feck am I riding on the road.
    Its not interesting.
    Its not challenging.
    Its not comfortable.
    The scenery is shite.
    Its not cool.
    You look like a prat.
    Brakes are shite.
    Gear changing is shite.
    The bars are fecking stupid.
    Riding in the wet is frankly dangerous.
    You're constantly on the look out for pot holes.

I could continue if you want...

Totally agree with all the above! Also though, how much fun is it waiting for the next Hell Driver to come along behind you in his 18 wheel tipper and squash you as he's talking on his CB while rummaging around his cab for his baccy! You don't get many HGV's out on the trails :D
    If there's going to be a risk from biking then I'd like that risk to be in my hands. Anyhooo road biking just looks so bloody boring to be honest.
    Vis Unita Fortior
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    supersonic wrote:
    I'd love to be able to corner like this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_wEG2RNMJc
    Give it a go on your zaskar. You'd be surprised how far over you can crank a fat tyred MTB.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Lol, my tyres tend to give no warning of when about to let go! I think most my crashes have been on the road on that zaskar. If there is a manhole cover or oil patch, I'll find it.
  • I used to be a road runner - learnt the error of my ways and became a fell runner

Dodgy knee led me into road biking - once again I've learnt th error of my ways

Last time I rode my road bike was 3 years ago doing the 3 peaks of Britain, my chain snapped just before Snowdon. Never bothered to get it fixed, its still gathering dust in the shed!
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:
    Lol, my tyres tend to give no warning of when about to let go! I think most my crashes have been on the road on that zaskar. If there is a manhole cover or oil patch, I'll find it.
    Wrong tyres!
    I've managed to catch a crank arm on a kerbstone on the inside of a roundabout a few times on the way to work. It has this nice stupid steep hill leading up into it, meaning you're going flat-out round the bend.

There's some roads that are good fun to pick up speed along round here, like the Llanberis Pass (next to Snowdon) or Fach Wen (near the quarry opposite Snowdon).

However, coming down Snowdon, or the quarry is so much more fun. :?
  • supersonic
    They are good offroad! Just not so good on the black stuff. Might get someting a bit more suited now as it is being used on the road more often, but I do like the versatility of being able to go offroad when I want.

I refuse to have a CX bike hehe.
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:
    I do like the versatility of being able to go offroad when I want.
    That's precisely why I ride a mountain bike, over any other kind of bike.
    I can go anywhere on it, even for a road ride in the hills, and if I see a stair set in town, or a intruiging trail, or a kicker jump, then I can shoot off down that too.

Now that I have 2 and a bit bikes, I am considering building up my hardtail with Kenda small blocks or something fast rolling, so it can become my commuting/training bike though.
  • supersonic
    Yeah, many off my rides I don't plan - I just go and see where I end up!

Some really good long roadie hills here in Sheff too, just frightening the speed you can get up to!