now i know what bar plugs are for!!

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited September 2009 in The Crudcatcher
finished a dowhill run the other day, was doing about 2 mph getting ready to turn around and head back to the top when my front wheel hit a hole, the bars flipped to the side i went over the top and landed on my ribs on the end of the bars!!!! i've got badly bruised ribs, but at least i didn't get cored!!!!!!

can't lift anything and it hurts when i roll over in bed, but sod it, i'm still going to cwmcarn on the weekend :D

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    My mate did almost exactly the same thing last week at Rivington except he got the bar end in the nuts. We were both crying, him in pain me because I was laughing so hard

Hes still walking like John Wayne

Try some Ibuprofen pain relieving jell it takes a bit of the sting out of your ribs and lets you move about a bit easier.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • keep moving.

if you stop moving it will get even worse.
    I did something similar last year and sat still coz it hurt real bad this was the worst thing I could have done as i ceased up even more then it hurt much more, then five days later i couldn't move at all.
    Then on the Sunday I was lay on the settee and I started to sneeze the pain was awful and I am not ashamed to say but i was reduced to tears of pain. It was real bad so my wife who is a nurse made me move about and from then on it was much better.
    (She's a hard cow)
    Its all up hill down here
  • 5456_111846792389_571272389_2135591_8268663_n.jpg

did that to myself landing up short in Are this summer. the half moon is still there and I can feel knotting under the skin. I expect I'd have been able to see bone and/or dayilght if I hadn't had plugs

glad your ribs are *basically* OK!
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    did the same the weekend bars went into my gut them pushed my elbow into my ribs not sure if there cracked but they hurt like hell
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    cheers guys, i've had to keep moving as my job is pretty physical. just dosed up on anadin ultra !!!! :shock:

but it the first time i've been hurt bad enough to stop me riding.....but not for long :

nice bruise btw bomber :D
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    you always learn the hard way
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    we needc a sgh
    how ya ware wounds thread i think. i am actualy suprised there aint one
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    i found out the hard way in august! its still giving me jip

5651_143166840929_549360929_3775560_1002750_n.jpg

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!