What a beautiful morning !!!

Leesykoi
Leesykoi Posts: 338
edited September 2009 in Road beginners
Now then...

A bit of a road newbie and i've had my Trek 1.2 for a few weeks now. Had a few quickie rides to get used to the LOOK easy's i've bought but not really been used in anger until this morning....

Lovely weather - sunny but cool and not much breeze.

Happy to report thoroughly enjoyed doing a nice 20 miles, clipless was a revelation and i feel great !!!!

Looking forward to tomorrow morning so i can go out again (weather permitting).

Leesy...
I like shiny bikes - especially Italian ones.....!!

Comments

• lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    +1

Just took the wife out for a spin. We both had a great time. Not much of a breeze and the sun was beaming down most of the way round. Bliss...
  • Yeah today was lovely cycling weather got up at 7 so I could be out for 8 fed and ready to go. Got up onto the big long roads from Bury up to Rossendale and up to burnley coming down through Toddy and into rochdale then back home. Absolutley gorgeous scenery with some nice climbs and fast drops. There was a smile on every cyclists face I went past. Just being able to get out and have a few hours carefree freedom is what cycling is all about.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • ...working today....
    :? :(:(
  • skinson
    skinson Posts: 362
    I went out yesterday PB as well 53 miles. Cracking cycling weather, though I did have an under shirt on! For those who know it (or care!) picked my way through croston, ecclestone, wrightington, appley bridge, newburgh, hoscar moss, scarsbrick, crossens, southport, banks, tarleton, much hoole, midge hall, and back to leyland. Hmm don't think I missed anywhere..haha.
    Dave :wink:
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    +1

Went out for my proper first group ride this morning around the Vale of Glamorgan.
    It was great to be out in a group and the weather was great - it started a little overcast and cool - which was good but then the sun popped its head out and off came the arm warmers :)
  • skinson wrote:
    I went out yesterday PB as well 53 miles. Cracking cycling weather, though I did have an under shirt on! For those who know it (or care!) picked my way through croston, ecclestone, wrightington, appley bridge, newburgh, hoscar moss, scarsbrick, crossens, southport, banks, tarleton, much hoole, midge hall, and back to leyland. Hmm don't think I missed anywhere..haha.
    Dave :wink:
    christ nice route, which way did you go through southport?
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    In bed all day every day this week as on nights so I've missed all the nice weather :(
  • i missed the nice weather also since i didnt have my bike when it should of arrived but fingers crossed ill get a good few weeks training when i do get my bike!.
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • skinson
    skinson Posts: 362
    I came in at the scarsbrick end through crossens and on towards banks. Really only skirted southport. Though the 3.5 mile ride down shore road at banks was nice with a head wind all the way. :?
    Dave
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    40 fast miles this morning through the Kent lanes. Smashing.
  • Lucky, I played my first hockey match this season and my legs are now shot to pieces. I have rediscovered the muscles groups for running and bending that I havn't used all summer while on the bike.

oooof - New legs please

We won 6-3 and I scored.. whooop

Piersy Boy
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    I'm out of the country, I am not jealous honest!! The Leyland Southport ride sounds superb, I live in Formby, I will try it when I'm back in Blighty. :D
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Aye, nice morning in Shields. Turned a rather dull later on but having gone for bib tights in lieu of shorts + knee warmers I was cooking on the way home.

Apparently tomorrow is supposed to be nice too. Shame the bloody roads are closed for the Great North Run. I can't get out. :(
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Was a bit chilly and clammy on the east coast of Scotland, still had a nice wee ride around the hills. Good opportunity to try out my £15 Aldi jacket, had to unzip most of the way as way too warm at 8°. It's not been below freezing round here yet, but it certainly has further up the glens. Roll on winter? No, maybe we can keep a bit of this weather for a while.
  • lfcquin wrote:
    +1

Just took the wife out for a spin. We both had a great time. Bliss...

+1000000000000000000000000000000 :lol:
    Do you have any Therapeutic Use Exemptions?
    No. Never have.
    Never? What about the cortisone?
    Well, obviously there was the cortisone
  • Joe86
    Joe86 Posts: 180
    I sadly was unable to go out yesterday as I needed some new SPD shoes, as my old ones were damaged. Anyway, today I was happy to see the lack of wind! Recently, and almost all the time in Eastbourne, the cross winds have been like 20-30 mph, and 30-40 mph gusts. So I haven't actually cycled in condintions with fairly little wind. Today it was 9 mph, and no gusts, and for the first time I managed to achieve my target of 20mph for at least 10 miles, ended up keeping it for 14.5 miles, and then dropped to about 19.6 mph over 30 miles.

Anyway, the weather forecast looks good with regard to wind, so for all the ones who have a lot of time like me, hopefully the next few days will nice!
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    Had an 'interesting' ride :!:

Got up at 7am - beautiful warm, sunny morning, bike in car and met up with the lads in Ashford for a 9am start.

Rain :!: :( Torrential rain :( jacket at home (sunny out :?: )

Started off with 11 of us - people dipped out along the route until there was just 4 left.

Got home (soaked the car seats) - bright sunshine and dry as a bone :!:

Still, got some miles in (easy on the legs) and got to cut the grass and take a load of stuff to the dump :lol:
  • I too had an interesting ride. Beautiful warm sunny morning, was half way through a splending 70 mile ride around Hampshire when the front tyre exploded. Quite literally. Sidewall of the tyre is literally torn apart - unusable, no chance of repair.

Never had anything like that happen before - had my share of punctures, but this one sounded like a bomb going off.

Ended up sitting outside The Rising Sun Inn at Clanfield, watching the riders doing the Southdowns Challenge passing by, whilst waiting an hour and a half for the missus to pick me up. :cry: