Glasgow to Edinburgh

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited September 2009 in Commuting chat
Anybody doing this: http://www.pedalforscotland.org/
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• Nope, but did it last year and it was amazing. Looks like the weather will be smashing again, even better than last years.

Are you doing it?
  • Would really have liked to do it, but have booked up for Glencoe this weekend hillwalking.
    Going to do the Etape Caledonia next year though....
  • tyax
    tyax Posts: 106
    Like Leither, I done last years, on my MTB on knobbies, and the weather was 8) Only moan is that it was busy. Like seriously, properly busy, so if you don't want to ride in great big bunches, set off early and keep up a decent pace :shock:

Great atmosphere tho, I really enjoyed it, and having all food/drink provided is excellent, saves on a bit of planning. I'm not doing this years thanks to laziness, plus having already done one competing charidee ride this year, I don't want to ask my colleagues to sponsor me for a second time in three months. They're stingy, y'see :lol:
    2010 Specialized Competition Secateurs, hell yeh ;)
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    If I'd known about it earlier I might have. Even though 50 miles seems like a LOT if you can potter along at your own pace it would be OK.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Have they kept the hill out of Queensferry in the route for this year?
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • I am. All on my lonesome though. :( I'll be making a return trip if I can be bothered. Just depends on the weather I suppose. :D Booked the bus thing just in case.
  • From the Glasgow Herald:

Reader Donald Macdonald tells us about the uniquely Glaswegian words of encouragement as the cyclists on the Pedal for Scotland charity run from Glasgow to Edinburgh were going through Easterhouse.

One chap with a large alsatian shouted: “If youse get tired oan the next hill, I’ll let him aff his lead.”
  • One chap with a large alsatian shouted: “If youse get tired oan the next hill, I’ll let him aff his lead.”
    :lol: