Leave no one behind

2»

Comments

• climb at your own pace and wait at the top.

thats what my lot do and im fine with that.....just means i have to get better so I can destroy them next year.
    Or if you so wait then effortlessly cycle with them whistling a merry tune while they barf up a lung.
  • it would be a bit pointless leaving him, you wouldn't be able revel in his suffering and everyone enjoys someone else struggling
  • We have the non -racing Leisure Heads chaingang in the club. We are mostly 35+ who have taken up cycling for exercise. Our motto is ' No Man/Women is left behind ' until we are 8 to 6 miles from home :) . We all do our turns at the front but if you cannot come thru as the spin goes on so be it. We attack the hills and there is always sprint for a village speed limit sign then we regroup. The last leg always starts out as a full on Team Time Trial but if you cannot hold on then you have to try harder the next time
    Go neiri on bothar leat.
  • afcbian
    afcbian Posts: 424
    whyamihere wrote:
    I prefer to use the mountain biking method of keeping together - Hit climbs and descents as fast as you like, and wait to regroup at the end of sections.

I'll second that. It allows different riders the chance of taking hills and descents at the right speed but keeps the group together.
    I ride therefore I am
  • If it was just me and a mate out riding I'd climb at his pace - if it's group ride then maybe regroup at the top - if it's a chain gang or similar then anyone dropped is riding home on their own.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    Same route again today and my mate told me to go ahead and we'd meet at the top, so I powered ahead on both ascents and waited for him at the top.
    14 1/2 stone of me flew off "up on the cranks" attacking the hills. I could hear my heart trying to break out of my chest but by the time Pete got to the top I'd recovered so my seemingly impressive performance remained intact :D
    Buggered if he didn't have 3 punctures on our 40 miler today. typical , we both needed to get home to do stuff.. He had a BBQ to go to and I had to carry on with the house decorating. I know what I'd rather be doing :roll:
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    Definitely climb at your own pace and wait at the top.

While waiting, use the time to perfect a cool pose and a friendly but just very slightly condescending expression. When he finally arrives, don't give him time to recover - that way you can out sprint him on the down hill too even if he is heavier and more powerful.. :twisted: :wink: