cans of worms

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited September 2009 in MTB general
i love to be helpful so thought i would put down some thoughts in the hope it might be usefull to some people. maybe it can be stickied

-expensive kit is better

-fs bikes are better than ht

-learning to ride on a ht makes you better is bollox, (having spent loads of time on a bike of any sort is what actually makes you better)

-learn to ride on a cheap bike then you will appreciate a more pricey bike when you upgrade later on is a load of ball bags too. spouted by hippies.

- bikes need gears and normal sized wheels

- lighter bikes tend to be better whether you are a fat fucker or not.

-spouting internet articles and rumours as fact when you dont have any direct experience of a product doesnt make you an expert.

- tubeless is better than tubed and should be done with proper tyres.

- grantway is an idiot ( but this place is worse without him)

- nick griffin has some good ideas regardless of the number of bad ones he has.

-my orange p7 was the worse bike i ever had

hope this helps

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    This is just to start arguments. :roll: But I can't be bothered, so I'll just say I agree with some of that, and I disagree with the rest - first 3 in particular.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    most of those are opinions :P some i agree on and rest i disagree
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Lol, interesting stuff Sheeps. But you yourself admit you are a sh1te rider - maybe you should have ridden a hardtail more ;-)
  • Whytepeak
    edited September 2009
    i love to be helpful so thought i would put down some thoughts in the hope it might be usefull to some people. maybe it can be stickied

1 -expensive kit is better

2 -fs bikes are better than ht

3 -learning to ride on a ht makes you better is bollox, (having spent loads of time on a bike of any sort is what actually makes you better)

4 -learn to ride on a cheap bike then you will appreciate a more pricey bike when you upgrade later on is a load of ball bags too. spouted by hippies.

5 - bikes need gears and normal sized wheels

6 - lighter bikes tend to be better whether you are a fat ****** or not.

7 -spouting internet articles and rumours as fact when you dont have any direct experience of a product doesnt make you an expert.

8 - tubeless is better than tubed and should be done with proper tyres.

9 - grantway is an idiot ( but this place is worse without him)

10 - nick griffin has some good ideas regardless of the number of bad ones he has.

11 -my orange p7 was the worse bike i ever had

hope this helps

1- Disagree, some expensive kit dosen't perform any better than cheaper stuff.

2- Disagree, fs bikes have their own properties that no hardtail has, but that does not make them better - stop making blanket statements.

3- Disagree, riding a hardtail first may not make you a better rider, but riding a fs bike first has the potential to make you a much more lazy less skilled rider.

Though I agree that riding lots of different types of bikes makes you a better rider.

4- Agree, but don't buy a £4000 specialized stuntjumper before you know wether or not you like mtb'ing though. Don't buy a £50 asda special either, because that could put anyone off.

5- Disagree. Bikes need none of those, but they do help in my opinion. Nowt wrong wil a 29er SS bike though.

6- Agreed, don't be tempted by a 6 inch travel all mountain monster, when all you need is a 120mm hartail. :wink:

7- Agree

8- Disagree, tubes are just as light, and just as quick. You can buy a lot of patches for £160 too.

9- :roll:

10- That supposed to make me vote for him? - not bloody likely.

11- Refer to rule 7, I can't really agree or disagree :?

Job done.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • yawn.

Just stick to riding your sofa slowly down a hill and keep it to yourself :roll:
  • Anonymous
    Whytepeak wrote:
    This is just to start arguments. :roll: But I can't be bothered, so I'll just say I agree with some of that, and I disagree with the rest - first 3 in particular.

it didnt take long to change your mind.
    supersonic wrote:
    Lol, interesting stuff Sheeps. But you yourself admit you are a sh1te rider - maybe you should have ridden a hardtail more ;-)

im shite cause ive not been riding for long, after a few years of regular riding im sure i'll be much better.

ps, i think you might be the only one who actually understood this post :wink:
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    I'll just tuck in...

istock_can-of-worms.jpg

spouting internet articles and rumours as fact when you dont have any direct experience of a product doesnt make you an expert.

Although I don't think anyone will disagree with you there, not really a can of worms.. :D

And you forgot to mention that nobby nics and high rollers are rubbish. :wink:
  • When I read the title, I thought you were taking orders for the bbq at the forum ride.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • Duffer
    Duffer Posts: 379
    fishing20cartoon.gif
    i think you caught one!
    im shite cause ive not been riding for long, after a few years of regular riding im sure i'll be much better.

ps, i think you might be the only one who actually understood this post :wink:

if you spent as long riding as you do on this forum, you'd be much better! :wink:
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak wrote:

it didnt take long to change your mind.

A change of mind is allowed, as is word sense disambiguation.
  • spouting internet articles and rumours as fact when you dont have any direct experience of a product doesnt make you an expert.

:lol:

Hmmmm,now let me think,who was this aimed at..................

I think posts by people asking for kit advice should have the disclaimer."Only answer if you have actually owned/used this product/bike."

Good work Sheeps,and get out on your hardtail and learn to ride..................... :wink::lol:
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    OMG wat a way to start the day with a good old argument. lmfao

you also forgot that running your tyres at silly high pressures fo roads is best and stops you getting punctures. lmfao
  • Anonymous
    Damned straight.
    ESPECIALLY...

If it's got no gears, it's not a mountain bike.
  • :lol:
    Damned straight.
    ESPECIALLY...

If it's got no gears, it's not a mountain bike.

if it's got no gears it's not any type of bike, it's a hobby horse.

if it's got ONE gear on the other hand..... :wink:

nice post sheeps, made my morning that did.

off to the Grand Place for the last day of the Brussels beer festival!

/edit; and

- the winner of a forum arguement is nothing to do with the content of the arguement itself. The winner is simply the last one to post
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • Anonymous
    aaaaah, see, folk are getting it now. to be fair none of my opinions are designed for any individuals in particular, just based on the "arguments" i have had in the past , some of which have come back round again recently.

have fun at the beer festival bomberesque, you lucky sod, if those belgians know 2 things its how to make superb guns and superb beer.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I was about to reply to this in some detail, but to be honest, I can't be a*sed.
    I'm going to assume that it's a joke, otherwise......... it's mostly b*llocks !!!

As for the point about Nick Griffin......... Are you f*cking stupid ?!?!?!!?
    It's rare for me to be abusive on here, but I think your comment warrants it.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Anonymous
    no, im not stupid, im mega, you are stupid.
  • Whytepeak
    no, im not stupid, im mega, you are stupid.

It was pretty late :oops:

• Don't stop there sheepsteeth, there's so much more we need answers to -

How many posts about how to manual / bunnyhop must I read before I'll be able to fly?
    When should a black run actually be graded red and visa versa?
    Where's the clicking noise coming from?
    Will my arse look fatter in lycra, or baggies?
    Is it faster to when the upgrade isn't, but then if it's in stock, how?
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Meh...
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic