Bad neck - slept funny

DevUK
DevUK Posts: 299
edited September 2009 in Commuting chat
I seem to be sleeping badly of late, and have had a painful neck off an on this week. Today it's particularly bad though. I can barely turn my head to the right. It made commuting in this morning a little difficult, but its gotten a little more painful during the course of the day.

Is it heat for aches and pains and cold for bruises?
FCN Daily commute = 11
FCN Fixie commute = 5

Comments

• _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Take yourself down the GP with a note attached:

"Investigate neck pain and quote for repair"
  • DevUK
    Hah! I might end up with some work I didn't want doing :shock:
    FCN Daily commute = 11
    FCN Fixie commute = 5
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I woke up this morning with sore ribs, mrs prawny had a dream she was arguing with her dad and she punched him. At least that was her excuse.

Proper sh@t me up getting a full on punch in the ribs at 2:30am :?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Did that a few weeks ago - took about 2 weeks before the effects were gone completely.........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    I had this last Thursday, it was excruciating and would not go.
    Girlfriend had a go at massaging my shoulder and found a huge knot in my trapezius that seemed to be causing it, which is extremely unusual for me to have any kind of knot or pain. She helped ease it and it was bloody excruciating but couldn't get rid completely, pain lasted until I lifted and shifted a load of furniture on Sunday.

I'm convinced that I never ever got these ailments before because I was into lifting weights at the gym and just worked through it all. I have now been out of the gym for little over a year.

I'm re-joining a gym.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • Can't recommend this bit of Wii Fit enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv_HUEF533Y

Makes the world of difference.
  • I also managed to wake up yesterday barely able to move my neck right. Hurt like hell. Today is a little better, but nowhere near comfortable. :(
  • kyoukoku
    kyoukoku Posts: 105
    edited September 2009
    DevUK wrote:
    Hah! I might end up with some work I didn't want doing :shock:

hehe, he (edit: or she) might end up having a poke around your bottom bracket and re-greasing it if you're not careful! :shock:
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    chiropractor. a good one will help loosen it and keep your back and neck in good working order.

Can't speak highly enough of them myself. had a session today and feeling great now.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • DevUK
    Feels quite a bit better this morn, though I suspect it'll get worse as the day goes on.
    FCN Daily commute = 11
    FCN Fixie commute = 5
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I really hate it when that happens........! Sleep, neck pain.....!