RPCC Ride - Sat 5th & Sun 6th September

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Officially the first RPCC jaunt of the Autumn... we must be nearly 1yr old now! :shock: :D

Got a feeling there's a few of us not around again this weekend (myself included - Dynamo park laps at best for me on Sat this weekend), and it also looks like there might be a fast ride heading out on Sunday for those who are interested in that (as it stands there's no separate thread for the fast ride but shout if it needs one, or feel free to set one up someone!).

So, numbers could be low, but as I've said before (and have regularly been proved right) there's enough regulars to keep things flowing nicely so hopefully some decent riding will still be had this weekend! 8)

So, for those of you coming to join us and talking about the 'normal' ride, usual meet & ride plan:
    :arrow: 9am start on Saturday is most likely,
although keep an eye out as earlier starts seem to be happening now and Sunday might be favoured by some
:arrow: Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building
:arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph usually, but nobody gets dropped :arrow: Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-20mins)
I say it every week but I'm not going to stop: I'd like to emphasise that new faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! Be good to see some of the faces we have seen over the past months re-appear too! 8)

A collection point at Hampton Court can be arranged as that tends to be the route out. Please let us know if you need to take this option - it's usually just a fly-by quick hello and on the move again so if you plan to use this option we need to know, and please be on time (although there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for us to be a little late coming through). Collection time there is likely to be around 20-30mins after the agreed RP start time so again, keep an eye out.

So, who is about this weekend, which day, which ride, what kind of ride and what start time? :shock: 8) :D

Comments

• Not me - up in Ecosse for the weekend.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Dynamo park laps on saturday for me and then a hoon on sunday if anyone else is up for it....if not, probably the 8.00 club run.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    And I've got a VO2max test on Friday night.
    Where and when? I want to get one done... got any details you can send over for the next one or anything?
  • voxegam
    Dead for a week??? Impressive!.....what was it like? Bright lights and tunnels or so I'm told.

Where you getting the VO2max test done??? Sounds exciting!.....(and also a leeeeetle bit scary)
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • phips wrote:
    And I've got a VO2max test on Friday night. And they're easy. *cough*
    If you're interested I know a man who can get you the answers for a pony.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    HI all... lack of home internet at present is a hassle hence my absence from postings.

I don't know which option I would be keenest for. I could make Saturday am or Sunday, esp as tomorrow (Friday) is annual leave, and I have the bike fixed and ready to go now. I much prefer the hoonfest, though I reckon we should do a couple of laps of the roundabouts on the run on home as that really is the best bit for me. Oh and due to relocating, almost definitely a Hampton Court pickup for me please ;)
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    I'm up for the usual Saturday ride. Anyone else around?
  • Hey Tyksie - I may be up for Sat. Will confirm later. An 8.30 start and back by 1ish preferably
  • tyskie
    Fuji Mackers - Those times are fine with me. I'll check later to see if you and/or anyone else is out tomorrow.

p.s. I don't really know where I'm going in the Surrey Hills except the roundabout run back from Box Hill.
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I think some of you guys know that I'm not around this weekend so enjoy whatever rides happen.

Stay safe and catch you in a couple of weekends time.
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    Myself, Phipsy (if he can drag his carcass out of bed in time :roll: :lol: ) and Bern will be doing the Dynamo park laps, so as per Myk-ee - enjoy, whatever you end up doing 8)

Might be up for a spin on Sunday, but I doubt it'll be early, and I doubt it'll be much more than park laps again either :D
  • Sorry, I can't get out tomorrow morn. Maybe later but not sure what time, so will have to unfort pass.
  • Rich-Ti
    Tyskie - come and give the park laps a go. Be at the Sheen Cross roundabout (inside Sheen Gate, bottom of Sawyer's Hill) for around 8:20-8:30 8)
  • tyskie
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Tyskie - come and give the park laps a go. Be at the Sheen Cross roundabout (inside Sheen Gate, bottom of Sawyer's Hill) for around 8:20-8:30 8)

Cheers Rich. Tempting but fancied quite a long ride so may head to the Chilterns all on my own :cry:

Will see how I feel in the morning.
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    I'll be at the gate at 8h30. If anyone shows up before 8h45 we have our club ride on.
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    Saturday's RPCC ride done. Just 2 of us (me and tyskie) meant a steady ride with just me slowing things down (that's the effect of almost 2 months with no real riding - slow legs).

60 miles under the belt and home for a not to late lunch.

A very nice ride.
  • voxegam
    Sounds good J09!

Right, so who's coming out tomorrow then???
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • voxegam
    No one???? Ok, well I'll be going out on the Dynamo 8 o'clock ride from Kingston gate if anyone wants to join me. :)
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • tyskie
    J09 wrote:
    Saturday's RPCC ride done. Just 2 of us (me and tyskie) meant a steady ride with just me slowing things down (that's the effect of almost 2 months with no real riding - slow legs).

A very nice ride.

Was a great ride - cheers for the company. My legs are feeling it a bit today though. Must be all those hills. :)
  • Rich-Ti
    tyskie wrote:
    J09 wrote:

A very nice ride.

Was a great ride - cheers for the company. My legs are feeling it a bit today though. Must be all those hills. :)
    Nice one for getting out guys! 8)

My hangover is currently being fed by junk food to be followed shortly by loads of fruit in the hope that I might be able to get a bit of a spin in later :roll: :oops: :lol: