uk bike store

Lapierre t 400
Lapierre t 400 Posts: 654
edited September 2009 in MTB buying advice
I'm going to buy a set of hope X2s and was wondering weather someone has ordered from uk bike store before
Are they as reliable as merlins or CRC
thanks
I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.

Comments

• I have ordered a few things before, everything has been fine apart from the delivery times which are alot longer than CRC, Merlin or Wiggle, for me anyway.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Used a couple of times recently and both times arrived the next day.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • stevebrock
    stevebrock Posts: 239
    never had a problem and next-day delivery as promised
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    I tend to call in as they are local - no postage problems.

Nice bunch - very helpful and knowledgable and if they give dates for anything that is not in stock they have been accurate
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • thanks for the answers
    will ring them first though
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Bought a couple of things from them and never had a problem with delivery. I have, however, had problems with both Merlin and CRC :)
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • UKBikeStore were great for me, however if you're buying a full set of Hopes (including rotors) you're probably better off using leisure lakes as they give free genuine hope caliper mounts if you buy a brake and a rotor.
  • ok the reason I was going to buy from them was that you could get the choice of rotor color :oops:
  • 5xcr
    5xcr Posts: 195
    I have waited since april 14th just for madison darcs spare frame, if i knew of somewhere else to get one i would go there.

5xcr :roll:
    12hr days 5 days a week riding to work and back and still the energy to ride 2 other days