First 50 !

2»

Comments

• freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Garz wrote:
    Takis61 wrote:
    freehub, 16/17mph in that wind is pretty impressive IMHO !

That's why he wrote it... :wink:

:lol:

Of course he did. Im no pro or a fat slouch but average speed is a bit of an annoying statistic. If you went on some of the hilly routes I take it will knock upto 5mph off your average. On a flat twenty miler I get around 17-18 depending on the traffic. So only 'down to 16/17mph' in the wind is actually a decent speed assuming your not telling porky pies! :wink:

You have to remember the wind is not the same where you go, I live in york, someone in London will not be experincing the same wind speed as me. 16-17mph is doable by plenty of people in the headwind I was in. Of course hilly routes knock averages off, but for me I find not by a huge amount. If I am doing 19+ on the flat then it'd be 17-18.5 on the hillly routes.

I like how average speeds p155 people off though. Some people get in a right strop when you ask them it happened on the Tan Hill. It's ok when it's a TT people are happy to mention average speeds. on the club runs the regulars also don't mind it, they know full well just like me it's not everything but no matter what anyone says if I go on a rolling or hilly route and get over 19mph average I'm pretty chuffed.