Hello from Nottingham

Dazza69
Dazza69 Posts: 11
edited August 2009 in MTB beginners
Just thought i'd pop on and say hello :)

Been on and off bikes most of my life, but recently been on a bike ride with my youngest Daughter, did about 10 miles and really enjoyed it.

So i've decided to get a Hardtail bike to have some fun on.
I've ordered a Focus Whistler from Wiggle - can't afford allot but it seems ok.

Daz.

Comments

• msloan
    msloan Posts: 13
    hi welcome to the site :)
  • Welcome Dazza :D
    BAZZ
  • Howdo :)
    That got some classic lines, liking the flat bars. You don't need to spend stupid money to have fun, just get out and make it muddy!!
  • Dazza69
    cheers guys :)
  • CanalRider
    CanalRider Posts: 194
    Don't get hung up on price, if it makes you smile it's worth the money :D
    --
    Saw a sign on a restaurant that said Breakfast, any time -- so I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance.
  • Looks a decent bike for the money :)

Angry Meercat has the right idea :wink:

If you / it ride around the Notts area, i will look out for you both! (and the 10yr old daughter :lol: )!
    BAZZ
  • Welcome. Good to have another fella from Notts
    "Pain is temporary, success is permanent"
  • ledger
    ledger Posts: 47
    if you fancy getting muddy get over to sherwood pines some good rides for you and the kids
    Scott spark 35 09 with some ugrades
  • Dazza69
    I'll have to have a look - cheers :)
  • ledger wrote:
    if you fancy getting muddy get over to sherwood pines some good rides for you and the kids

Yeah, its pretty good & gets better all the time 8)

I have raced MTB & Cyclo Cross on similar courses there, pretty demanding on a Cyclo X bike.
    BAZZ
  • Every time I go to the bike park at pines theres something new. And if you get in with the rangers you can have input about what you want there. All the people who ride there tend to be decent as well. Worth a look. Theres the blue trail which is good for people who want more than fireroads but don't think they can manage the red kitchener trail, and then theres the kitchener. Barrythebike is right...It does get better every time you ride it.
    "Pain is temporary, success is permanent"
  • Dazza69
    I think i went there about 6 years ago, lots of people hiring bikes with the family.
  • Most of the people are decent, though some scumbag nicked my Thule roof bike carrier once when i was riding there, stole it in broad daylight :evil:

The trails seem to get improved all the time, is the kitchener the one with the jumps on it...a bit freeride? Not been recently so its bound to have changed a bit..

Sherwood Pines is dependable, what i mean is that even after loads of rain you don't get too covered in mud, its quite sandy in places :D
    BAZZ
  • Dazza69 wrote:
    I think i went there about 6 years ago, lots of people hiring bikes with the family.

Its a good place to start out :wink:
    BAZZ