Aldi Wireless HR comp

solstice21
solstice21 Posts: 321
edited August 2009 in Road beginners
Anyone got 1 of these and any feedback on it? I recently got a new bike and want a Strada wireless for it but today went in to Aldi and got a wireless, hr monitor, thermometer, million function comp for 12.99 with batteries and 3 yr warranty. Even if I don't put it on my best bike it was too good a deal not to buy.

Comments

• I use mine had it for about a month now. I also use my tracks on my G1 phone which is a gps tracker. And its spot on.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Cabelly
    Cabelly Posts: 43
    I've had one for about a year now. No problems. I know some people have had issues with battery life but I've only replaced the chest strap one. A real bargain :D
  • I bought one about a year ago. Total sh1t.
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • solstice21
    solstice21 Posts: 321
    Fitted it today and did a quick 20......I'm still on the market for my Strada!!!

Speed reading all over the shop, thermometer don't work, HR displayed 202 bpm after 1 min riding :lol:

In all fairness the HR monitor settled after 5 minutes and was pretty damn good - it's everything else that let it down. Could be down to batteries who knows. I
  • Joe86
    Joe86 Posts: 180
    I bought one of those about 3 weeks ago. Went to fit it on, and had all the components on and ready to go. Only to find the sensor thread (plastic screw in) didn't tighten enough, as it seemed poorly made or damaged, so it didn't fit tight on the spoke. Anyway, I took myn back and tried to exchange it, sadly they didn't have any in stock. So I ended up going for a Wireless strada cat eye.

Did anyone else notice a similar issue?