Appeal for witnesses, RTI in London on June 29

anishpatel
anishpatel Posts: 2
edited September 2009 in Commuting chat
My name is Anish Patel and I am the husband of Catriona . In London, Monday 29th June at around 08.20, Catriona died as a result of a collision with a green Tipper lorry at Kennington Park Road, at the junction with Harleyford Street. I would like to make a personal appeal for anyone who was in the Oval area that morning , who saw Catriona or the tipper, to come forward as a potential witness. Even if you did not see the incident directly, you may still have useful information on the lead up to, or aftermath of the incident. So, please, I urge you to come forward. Any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, may be crucial to the case. I and the entire family would like to understand what happened on that day and you may have seen something that is relevant. Please contact the Collision Investigation Unit Witness Line on 020 8941 9011 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you have any information. Many thanks, Anish.

Comments

• crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    My deepest sympathies to you Anish. I'm sorry I have no info to pass on but hopefully you will find the killer and recieve some justice for you and your family. Best of luck to you.
  • Anish - please accept my condolences and deepest sympathies.

I was in the vicinity that morning. I arrived at the junction by Oval tube station after the incident and the police had already cordoned off the road. I could tell by the look on the young PCs face that something awful had happened. I was forced to take an alternative route to work.

I pass that spot every day and often think of Catriona and wonder what happened.

I found out about Catriona on this site via the original thread:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... l&start=40

I have just re-read it in its entirety and there is a lot of waffle and bluster in that thread.

I don't think I have anything useful to add to the inquiry but Chewy Cheeks also claimed to have been there after the incident and maybe he has something more useful? I will call the incident line though.

I thought that someone here actually claimed to have witnessed the incident as I remember a discussion about the type of lorry involved and that the newsagent had witnessed it. However, I have searched using all the terms I can think off and cannot find anything, I may be imagining it or it may be one of the other tragic incidents that somebody had claimed to have witnessed.

Someone must have seen what happened as that is a busy part of London at 830AM on a Monday morning. There must have been pedestrians, car drivers, motorcyclists as well as cyclists in the vicinity though unfortunately they do not have forums devoted to their commutes.

I sincerely hope that you are able to find the truth out about what happened. That incident prompted me to join the LCC and support their campaign to reduce deaths of cyclists caused by LGVs.

My best wishes to you and your family.
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    You might try posting in this thread on another forum

http://www.londonfgss.com/thread24674.html

also here is an eyewitness

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southwark ... ssage/7570

good luck
  • Medders
    Medders Posts: 152
    Passed this round the other cyclists in my office and seems we have located a witness. It is being progressed. Hope it helps.

Riding:
    Canyon Nerve AL9.9 2014
    Honda CBR600f 2013
    Condor Fratello 2010
    Cervelo RS 2009
    Specialized Rockhopper Pro 2008
  • Anish

Firstly please accept my condolences

Shoulder of Lamb mentioned in an earlier post about me passing the scene.
    I did go past the scene about 20 minutes after the incident. I do not think I could
    be a useful witness.

I wish you well in your search.
    No Babbit No, Look what Birdy doing
  • Brains
    Brains Posts: 1,732
    Anish
    Please be aware the incedent was also discussed on this thread on another popular cycling web site

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showt ... kennington