Help Tech advice needed!!!!!

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited August 2009 in Workshop
I bought a set of Easton Circuit wheels on line and they were delivered yesterday and at first glance they seemed ok. The rims are 26.2mm and not 28mm like were advertised and the decals are black and white and not red, white and black like advertised. As I desperately needed wheels I decided to overlook this and use them anyway.

I tried to fit my Campagnolo 10 speed cassette on to them last night and this is where the issues arose, I managed to get 9 of the cogs on the casette onto the the freehub however there was no space for the 12 teeth cog to fit onto the freehub, which has led me to wonder, have I been sent an old set of Easton wheels with a 9 speed freehub instead of the wheels advertised, the cassette is fine as it was taken off of my Fulcrum Racing 1's where I have been using it for about a year with no issues.

Does anyone out there know if there is a special way to fit a campagnolo casette onto Easton wheels or is it as I thought, you just slide the casette onto the freehub and then tighten up the lockring?

Any advice is much appriciated.

Cheers

Jesse.
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Campagnolo freehub is the same for 9/10 and 11 speed so no worries there. Put some grease on the freehub to make sure it slides on fully - also make sure there's no dirt trapped between the sprockets / spacers.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Campagnolo freehub is the same for 9/10 and 11 speed so no worries there. Put some grease on the freehub to make sure it slides on fully - also make sure there's no dirt trapped between the sprockets / spacers.

Cheers MD.

I took it over to a mate of mine who runs a bike shop, apparently (and I didn't know this because I didn't read the info leaflet with the cassette) the spacers in between the cogs have to go in a certain order or the spacing is out.

I put it on the right way and all is sorted now. I must admit I rate these wheels too, they don't spin or climb as well as my Racing 1's but they will be great training wheels.

Cheers
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!