flat bar shifters for campagnolo veloce UT chainset

Jarm
Jarm Posts: 3
edited August 2009 in Workshop
I'm looking to put a Campagnolo Veloce UTchainset on a hybrid bike (Canondale BadBoy ultra), but I can't find any compatible flatbar shifters that will allow me to keep the existing Hope disk- brakes. Does anyone know if there are any 9-speed stand alone gear shifters out there that would work with this set up ?

Comments

• maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    is it just the left shifter you need?
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,708
    Any/all of them. Doesn't matter what chainset you use, your front mech will shift the gears on it.
  • Jarm
    Jarm Posts: 3
    As I understand it, I can't use Shimano shifters and a campy rear cassette without using a Shiftmate. The amout of cable pulled on the front mech is also different between the two systems though so maybe a Campy left shifter and a Shimano right (which I already have) could work. Are you looking to get rid of a left shifter?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Any shifters will work with a double chainset.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,708
    Jarm wrote:
    As I understand it, I can't use Shimano shifters and a campy rear cassette without using a Shiftmate. The amout of cable pulled on the front mech is also different between the two systems though so maybe a Campy left shifter and a Shimano right (which I already have) could work. Are you looking to get rid of a left shifter?
    So use a Shimano mech. You don't have to use a Campagnolo front mech with Campagnolo cranks.

It doesn't actually matter which mech you use though.