Clipless Pedal question (not "should I shouldn't I&quot

kryptonick
kryptonick Posts: 48
edited August 2009 in Road beginners
I seem to be asking alot of questions on here these days. I ride a Specialized Rockhopper at the moment, and am about to order my first clipless pedals (Shiman M520s I believe, they were £20 last I saw them just trying to find them again).

I am also buying a roadbike very shortly, probably going with an Allez (see another thread if you're interested in my bike choices), and I intend to go clipless immediately.

I have no experience with buying pedals for roadbikes, but they look entirely different from mountain bike pedals. I bought a pair of shoes for my rockhopper pedals (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=9489) whilst I know these aren't ideal for road pedals, would it even be possible to clip in with these shoes on a road pedal?

Comments

• jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    Buy two pairs of M520s and you'll be fine. If you want 'proper' road pedals (like Shimano SPD-SL) rather than the regular SPDs that you'll be using on your Rockhopper you'll need a new pair of shoes too.
  • kryptonick
    kryptonick Posts: 48
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the advice, will be sure to order 2 pairs, just need to find them at £20, cheapest I have seen is £30, but i know they are £20 somewhere!

EDIT: Found them for £19.99 at chainreaction, ordered 1 set in Black and the other in White, should allow for some mixing and matching fun :D
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Chain reaction have them for £ 20 in black or white, but out of stock atm in silver
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    I use MTB pedals on my Allez (M520s) and MTB (I use XTs) - so same shoes and cleats and I am still able to walk if needed. They also look okay too (Spesh Tahos)!
  • Thanks Keef,

I think I just beat you to it, ordered 1 of each colour.

Just need a bike to fit them on to now....
  • keef66
    Or £18.40 a pair from Ribble if you spend over £50
  • keef66
    I've got 540's on my road bike and some spd / flats on the mtb / shopper thing
  • SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS