Plans for this evening?

.blitz
.blitz Posts: 6,197
edited August 2009 in MTB general
It's looking good outside - not too hot, not too cold, DRY, bit of a breeze...anyone ripping up their local loop tonight?

I might have a potter round the Chase... :D

Comments

• Skonk
    Skonk Posts: 364
    I went and picked up a Spesh Stumpjumper Elite yesterday evening, so once I get off work (in an hour or so) I'll be off to the woods to test it out.

Cant wait :D
    Canyon Spectral AL 9.0 EX
    Planet X RT90 Ultegra Di2
  • .blitz
    Nice one. New bike, dry trails - it doesn't get much better 8)
  • .blitz
    So how's the Tamiflu, Sonic? I hear the side effects are worse than the flu :?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I ain't taking it! I qualify with the symptoms, but don't like what I have read about it lol.

Isolated in my room with a box of kleenex (no comments ;-))
  • Skonk
    Skonk Posts: 364
    supersonic wrote:

lol :)
    Canyon Spectral AL 9.0 EX
    Planet X RT90 Ultegra Di2
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    heading out for a ride along the coastal path after work. Need to keep excercising my knee to get it healthy again.
  • .blitz
    edited August 2009
    supersonic wrote:
    I ain't taking it!
    Hardcore. I wouldn't have expected anything else =]
    heading out for a ride along the coastal path after work.
    Hope that's a bridleway and not a footpath :twisted:
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Leigh Woods tonight :D

It'll probably still be a mud bath :lol:
  • supersonic
    Skonk wrote:
    supersonic wrote:

My hooter is already quite sore.
  • .blitz
    edited August 2009
    supersonic wrote:
    Skonk wrote:
    supersonic wrote:

My hooter is already quite sore.
    Try some Vaseline :)
  • stuart_c-2
    stuart_c-2 Posts: 805
    Loop I take tonight will depend on what the photo challange is. Had a route in mind for the old building challenge, but now waiting for the new 1.

If I know I won't be able to do the challenge then I shall just be riding randomly and seeing if I can get lost somewhere. :D
    "I ride to eat"
  • Anonymous
    .blitz wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    I ain't taking it!
    Hardcore. I wouldn't have expected anything else =]
    heading out for a ride along the coastal path after work.
    Hope that's a bridleway and not a footpath :twisted:

Not that I care, but it is actually an official "cycle path". Although some arsehole has put up a massive spiked metal fence like you get outside a prison at one point, because he seems to believe that just because he lives near it, means others have no right to use the path.
    There's also some nice but very short singletrack to get to it.

Oh, and some stair sets to jump off at the other end. Seeing as they're not bridleway, am I allowed to do that?
  • .blitz
    edited August 2009
    Oh, and some stair sets to jump off at the other end. Seeing as they're not bridleway, am I allowed to do that?
    Should be OK yeehaa - check your tyre pressures first tho =]
  • sharpy1
    sharpy1 Posts: 100
    Off to Lee Quarry for a bit later. Not been for months but Im dreading the 1st hill already :cry:
  • Anonymous
    ive just got back frm a road ride so think i have earned another night in front of the box. i can twait to move to kent, i just hope there is some interesting riding to be done whn i get there.
  • supersonic wrote:
    I ain't taking it! I qualify with the symptoms, but don't like what I have read about it lol.

I had it and never bothered with tamiflu, about a week later I was right as rain, in fact I went out on my bike a few times when I was ill !
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    Stuart_C wrote:
    Loop I take tonight will depend on what the photo challange is. Had a route in mind for the old building challenge, but now waiting for the new 1.

If I know I won't be able to do the challenge then I shall just be riding randomly and seeing if I can get lost somewhere. :D

thats commitment lol

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Anonymous
    .blitz wrote:
    Should be OK yeehaa - check your tyre pressures first tho =]
    :lol:
    Need to check my shock pressures first. I lent my bike to a friend's daughter on the weekend, and adjusted the air pressure in the shocks accordingly.
    Thing is, she weighs nothing, so now when I sit on my bike, it immediately bottoms out :lol:
  • .blitz wrote:
    It's looking good outside - not too hot, not too cold, DRY, bit of a breeze...anyone ripping up their local loop tonight?

I might have a potter round the Chase... :D

I wish i lived nearer to the chase :cry:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Nothing tonight but we're off to innerleithen tomorrow... Ah, actually better put a sensible front tyre on and fix the puncture in the rear tonight :roll: And maybe have another crack at curing my rear brake's terrifying banshee wail. I made it louder last night.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • supersonic
    Northwind wrote:
    maybe have another crack at curing my rear

You only want one crack in your rear mate ;-)
  • sharpy1
    sharpy1 Posts: 100
    Northwind wrote:
    And maybe have another crack at curing my rear brake's terrifying banshee wail. I made it louder last night.

Ive got one of those too but didnt know how to describe it. Ive got some K18 OROs and they make a bloody horrible noise. How are you thinking about fixing it?
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    No ride tonight. Tonight is my footy team's first pre-season friendly.

All my aches and pains have finally gone after several weeks of no running and no footy - and now once more I face another 9 months of aches, pains, niggles, and injuries....... :lol:

My own fault for being determined to play until I'm at least 40. 3 more seasons to go minimum! Love it really of course. Will miss it hugely when I have to finally hang up the boots. :(
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    only ride i will be doing tonine is my commute to work. working nights sucks...

was up lee quarry on sat that first climb is a killer but at least after a few laps when you knackered it all downhill to the car.. some good riding at the quarry..
  • Doombrain
    Doombrain Posts: 360
    Nothing tonight, will be a few rides before the weekend then my new Scott Genius 40 should be here then i'm going to thrash woburn sands!
    LOL road riding.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    sharpy1 wrote:
    Ive got one of those too but didnt know how to describe it. Ive got some K18 OROs and they make a bloody horrible noise. How are you thinking about fixing it?

Well, last night I did all the right stuff- trued rotor, aligned caliper, cleaned disc and pads, added small amount of copper grease, etc etc. And now it's louder. So tonight I'm going to just randomly fanny about with it in the vain hope it cures itself. But I think that the mounting face is slightly off so I might try getting the frame faced next.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Beer, sitting outside a pub perhaps, possibly followed by noodles?

Yes, I know - I'd also rather be out on the 9er, but I have 5 rather deep holes (in a strangely v8-pedal-shaped sort of pattern) in my left shin after a heavy off on Sunday. They still bloody hurt!!
  • Nothing for me tonight, or today for that matter.

Off work with a dodgy eye at the moment, glorious sunshine outside and I can't go out and play.

Ironically the treatment actually makes my vision worse and I have to stick to a strict regimen of hourly eye drops.

Used my time to clean out the garage ready to build in a bike workbench instead.
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.
  • RallyBiker
    RallyBiker Posts: 378
    If I had my 46 I'd be on the Marin, but 'cos the forks are away being serviced,I'm having a pub supper instead ! :)