Just Changed Triple to Compact

ridgerider
ridgerider Posts: 2,852
edited August 2009 in Workshop
I am a workshop god!

Just went from Mirage triple to Veloce/Centaur compact (thank you HighonBikes) in an afternoon in the garage. Ultra-torque BB, chainset, front and rear derailleurs, cassette and chain.

Easy when you have all the right tools, but I must have spent about £45 on them, and now they will all gathering dust for the toolbox.

All pretty straightforward if you follow the instructions (don't laugh), the hardest bit was adjusting the derailleurs which took about as long as the rest of the assembly.
Half man, Half bike

Comments

• crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Congratulations!! Get used to the fact that in a few years you will have a boxfull of near useless obsolete tools (Thanks Shimano, Campag, etc., etc.). Possibly in the future you will become a hero to someone who's old bike is broken and needs one of your old dusty tools.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Think of the satisfaction you gained and money you saved :)

.......................and once the squeeks and creeks start you'll get your moneys worth from the tools :lol:
  • ridgerider
    Interesting that the ultra torque bottom bracket tool fits both shimano and Campag. Perhaps things are getting joined up in the world of tools.
    Half man, Half bike
  • ridgerider
    Congratulations!! Get used to the fact that in a few years you will have a boxfull of near useless obsolete tools (Thanks Shimano, Campag, etc., etc.). Possibly in the future you will become a hero to someone who's old bike is broken and needs one of your old dusty tools.
    Oi...I can smell someone wanting a favour a mile off, get your own tools :D
    Half man, Half bike
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Oi...I can smell someone wanting a favour a mile off, get your own tools :D

I was going to wait until Monday to ask but now you've spoiled it. :x
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Congrats RR - I'm thinking of changing the bearings on my HT 2 chainset - panicking a bit :oops: