New Bont Cycling Time Trial Shoe and Website ... Opinion?

DAOTEC
DAOTEC Posts: 3
edited August 2009 in Workshop
http://bontskates.yuku.com/topic/1394/t/New-Bont-Cycling-Shoe-Website-and-Blog.html

Recent pictures of Bradley Wiggins show that he was wearing Bont shoes at the last Tour de France 2009 - although the Bont logos were masked out. So, it must mean that he liked the shoes a lot more than the ones his sponsor [Adidas??] could supply :!:

WIGGINS-LANCE1.jpg

Which Pro- cyclists are more racing on Bonts :?:

Comments

• k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Their shoes look great but these TT shoes look weird - and like they'd be really uncomfortable.

crono4.jpg
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Your socks would cause more drag than those shoes! :P
  • GF22
    GF22 Posts: 67
    Maybe I have it wrong but I actually thought that Lance's shoes in the pic (behind Wiggo) are in fact Bont shoes badged up as Nike's.

Wiggo's shoes have a buckle and I wasn't aware that Bont's had a buckle but maybe I am wrong?
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    GF22 wrote:
    Maybe I have it wrong but I actually thought that Lance's shoes in the pic (behind Wiggo) are in fact Bont shoes badged up as Nike's.

Wiggo's shoes have a buckle and I wasn't aware that Bont's had a buckle but maybe I am wrong?

They don't look like it - although it is strange how Nike don't make any shoes right now. I wonder what shoes the RadioShack team will wear - are Nike going to start selling them again?

Lance has been spotted training in Rocket 7 shoes too so it could be that they're badged up versions of those.

He often did do that too - I've seen Nike shoes with Shimano soles from a few years ago.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Armstrong seems to have been wearing the black custom Rocket 7s all this year, they are just badged as Nike. Dave Zabriskies are badged as Sidi. Nike and Shimano shoes were/are both manufactured by DMT. Nike shoes can currently be seen on the feet of Cavendish,Leipheimer and Stijn Devolder amongst others but they may be custom even tho' they appear to be a modified Lance shoe.
    M.Rushton
  • DAOTEC
    DAOTEC Posts: 3
    _DSC4259.jpg
    Double Olympic '08 medalist Briton Emma Pooley on Bont

bont.jpg??
    any done the trick

www.Olympis-London-2012-high-tech.org
  • bahzob
    bahzob Posts: 2,195
    I've got some Bonts. They are very good, feeling noticeably stiffer than other shoes (Specialized S-Works).

Though expensive if your feet aren't "normal" (and most peoples aren't) they can save you money (since shoes will actually fit both feet).

If buying strongly suggest buying direct since crucial to get correct sizing.

If you do they will get you to send them a tracing of your foot and then recommend which size to go for. This may be different for each foot. (e.g. I have 40 normal left, 40 wide right).

In my experience customer service good with immediate replies to emails and plenty of checks to make sure get correct fit.

Once arrive as per pic its possible to heat mold them easily to get perfect fit.
    Martin S. Newbury RC
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I have 2 pairs of Bonts - inline speed skates - and they've seen plenty of 'oven-time' - with skates, fit is more critical as they have no 'give' and exert far more pressure (and pain!) on the foot.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..