Wanted - IT / Electronics graduate, Bristol

craker
craker Posts: 1,739
edited July 2009 in The Crudcatcher
There's cash for me if I can line someone up in this job :D

Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll forward your CV to our HR dept. That's all I can promise but it beats moaning about the state of the economy.

Role Profile:

We require an application software engineer to join the existing team responsible for the development and maintenance of ...

... solution for the design of high speed printed circuit boards. It includes a constraint driven environment for analysing the electrical interconnect behaviour (such as reflection, crosstalk, propagation delay, and EMC) and for placement and routing of printed circuit boards.

Software development is carried out in C and C++, in a mixed environment including Windows (PC based) and UNIX workstations. Current development projects focus on integrating the results of Signal Integrity and EMC analysis into the actual PCB design process. Therefore good electrical engineering skills are required. The work requires an involvement in all aspects of the software development lifecycle from initial prototyping and specification through design, implementation, testing and documentation.

Person Profile:

You will typically need a 2:2 or above in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering plus knowledge or experience of some of the following:

Essential
• A knowledge of complex algorithms.
• Enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated.
• A good communicator with the ability to fit well into a team.

• Clear, logical thinking and the creative ability to solve problems.
• Must have a desire to work as an applications programmer.
• Good engineering or software based degree (2.1 or above)
• C and C++ programming within a UNIX workstation or MS Windows (PC) environment

Desirable
• Formal, structured programming experience.
• OOA/OOD experience
• Strong mathematical skills and an interest in algorithm development
• Experience of interactive, graphical applications.
• Experience in electrical engineering
• Experience of data translation projects and/or software interfacing (data)
• Data modelling experience and an understanding of complex data structures.

Benefits

The benefits listed below are discretionary and ... reserve the right to vary or withdraw them at any time. All such benefits apply during the course of employment only:

• 27 days annual leave per annum (plus all public holidays)
• Flexible Working Hours
• Defined contribution Pension Scheme with PHI scheme
• Training and Development
• A relaxed open plan working environment
• Free parking in modern offices with close proximity to the M4 and M5.

Comments

• abductee
    abductee Posts: 189
    Does it attract any financial benefits apart from the free parking?