Tubeless converstion kit

carbonfiend
carbonfiend Posts: 475
edited July 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Has anybody ever used a DT Swiss tubeless converstion kit on a set of DT Swiss XR 4.1D rims. I run tubesless on a set of Stans Olympic rims but have never converted non specific rim to tubless is the quality as good and can you use non UST tyres (i do on the stans)
'..all the bad cats in the bad hats..'

Comments

• Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    Well the DT Swiss site states the conversion kit is for use with UST tyres only, not saying they wont work but personally I would only use the kit with UST's. If you want to use a normal tyre then use Stans/Joes/Ghetto.

I have the Bontrager system which again states UST tyres only, I used non UST & had the tyres blow off the rim whilst inflating, therefore I wouldn't run them with non UST's.
    As soon as I put UST tyres on they inflated first time with a track pump & don't seem to lose air.
    I have also tried the ghetto approach & had a tyre burp on an emergency stop throwing me off so I don't put my trust in these solutions, rather have the slight weight penalty of a real UST setup.
  • carbonfiend
    carbonfiend Posts: 475
    cheers 4 that gonna go with stans its a system I already know plus I can use tyres I already have here.
    '..all the bad cats in the bad hats..'