To buy 09 or wait for 2010 (September?)

peterw47
peterw47 Posts: 24
edited July 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

looking to get a nice shiney new hard tail, hopefully through cycle to work scheme to save a few quid :-P

Trouble is I'm not sure whether to start looking now or just wait until the 2010 models come out in september? Assuming this is correct? Matey in the shop says they can't order any more of the current ones so its pretty much what they have in shop or in warehouse but at the same time dont know of the new bikes coming in?

Cheers

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well it does depend on what you are looking at. as again many ´10 bikes are down speced from ´09 as were the '09 on the 08 bikes.

Or you could wait for the '11 bikes to see if they are up speced.

Or you could find a bike that fits and go and have some fun.

As you will be upgrading in the spring.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • M6TTF
    M6TTF Posts: 602
    You'll be lucky to find any decent 09 bikes now! It's a wait for 2010 bikes for me :(
  • peterw47
    peterw47 Posts: 24
    I would like to get one as soon as possible but I know if I do I'll see a very nice 2010 model in a couple of months... It wouldnt be so bad if I could find out what was coming out and when they would be available but Marin/Orange still showing 09 models that I can't order :x