Conti tyres

Woodchip
Woodchip Posts: 205
edited July 2009 in Road buying advice
Quick question...

GP4000, GP4000S or Grand Prix 4 Season? All look about the same to me, but tempted to go with the 4 Season due to two layers of that funky anti-puncture thingy-ma-bob.

Always used Conti's on my MTB as they were good grippy tyres. I presume the same is true for their road tyres. Currently on Hutchinson Equinox to anything is an upgrade really.
I have nothing more to say on the matter.

Comments

• Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Up to you - 4 season for autumn/winter - 4000s for now - both good tyres. I'm going more heavy-duty for this autumn/winter (not sure what tyre yet) - but keeping it light/fast spring/summer (Dia Pro's 190g). Just a quick mention for the Dia Pro's - ~ 80 miles a week for 4 months, no punctures, plenty of cuts - very pleased with them - light/fast/grippy spring/summer tyres.
  • topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    Only used the 4000s and can thoroughly recommend them, light, grippy, comfy ride, not had any probs with "unscheduled deflations". They do get a few cuts from sharp stones but other than that excellent :D
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • Woodchip
    Woodchip Posts: 205
    Cheers. Looks like a set of 4000S (although looking out the window at work I think autumn has started already!!).
    I have nothing more to say on the matter.
  • GyatsoLa
    GyatsoLa Posts: 667
    I use Conti 4000's on my road bike, and GP 4's on my urban fixie.

There is definitely a difference in feel - the 4000's are very nice, good grip, good road feel and light. The GP4s somehow feel 'harder' (I know other factors may influence the feel, but that is my perception). They are good in winter when its wet and slimy on the roads, but can feel a bit skittish on drier, grittier surfaces (not that dry surfaces have been a problem this summer). I've ridden on all sorts of awful roads, but I can't remember my last p**cture with the GP4's, they really are very resistant. The 4000's are very good on 'normal' roads, few p**tures, but a couple when riding on one or two local roads here with lots of debris.