Autumn n winter prep

Grazy81
Grazy81 Posts: 196
edited July 2009 in Road beginners
I thought i'd start looking into it now but what kind of mud guards can be fitted to an allez and what tyres would you recommend as i hear some tyres puncture more often in the wet. (experienced this on my first day on a road bike)

Also do the saddle packs offer sufficient space to carry a change of clothes in case of a downpour and a puncture kit too?

Just looking to get my homework done early on so i dont get caught out later in the year

Comments

• softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    Grazy81 wrote:
    Also do the saddle packs offer sufficient space to carry a change of clothes in case of a downpour and a puncture kit too?

a change of clothes..?? :shock:
  • Grazy81
    Like a clean t shirt maybe clean underwear too as i sometimes go for a ride and then end up at my parents for dinner so i can have a shower there n just need something clean to change into
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    A change of clothes? :lol: I highly doubt it. They're not that big.

A messenger bag (:twisted:) would be best.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Allez can only take race blades. If you want full mud guards I'd recommend something from Trek's 1 series.
  • Grazy81
    Yeah clip on race blades will be fine it'd just be to keep the worst of it off in really bad conditions

i saw this one and thought it might serve the purpose but would be touch and go

http://leisurewheels.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s73p5733

I have a ruck sack i generally use but was thinging of trying to ditch it for the longer rides
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Grazy81 wrote:
    Like a clean t shirt maybe clean underwear too as i sometimes go for a ride and then end up at my parents for dinner so i can have a shower there n just need something clean to change into

...errm, sorry to suggest the blindingly bl**dy obvious, but can't you leave a spare set of clothes at your parents house? :roll:

...or perhaps you could just attach one of these to your bike instead? :wink:
    Trailer_small.gif
    Cycling weakly
  • Grazy81
    Oh wow i never thought of that :P