Smart Superflash for £4.32, free postage.

13»

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    redvee wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    will they be as cheap when the new stock arrives?

A big NO. Had an email notification of new stock today and looked at the price when I got home and the price? A mere £12.95 :x
    http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=M0004
    The cheapest place is now wiggle at £10.99 I think - still the best light around at the price.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    prj45 wrote:
    doog442 wrote:
    prj45 wrote:
    I actually think they are too bright. :|

for who....do you mean the half asleep motorist, in pissing down rain with poor wipers at 6.30am on a feb morning

heaven help the poor buggers :?

Normal lights that don't dazzle are good enough IMO, and don't actually hurt to look at like these do.

It's illegal to dazzle, I think these lights border on that.

I have cycled behind people with these lights and I don't think they are too bright, from a further distance, from a fast approaching car, I think the brightness is excellent, but not dazzling. The brightness also makes them effective in dull conditions and approaching lighting up time, which I think can be the most dangerous for not being seen. I think they are spot on!
  • doog442
    doog442 Posts: 370
    prj45 wrote:
    doog442 wrote:
    prj45 wrote:
    I actually think they are too bright. :|

for who....do you mean the half asleep motorist, in pissing down rain with poor wipers at 6.30am on a feb morning

heaven help the poor buggers :?

Normal lights that don't dazzle are good enough IMO, and don't actually hurt to look at like these do.

It's illegal to dazzle, I think these lights border on that.

how do you know that...have you tested them ? ie sat in a car at night behind a bike?...i doubt it

Likewise I have never heard of a case going to court where a motorist was dazzled by the rear light of a cyclist :shock:

Ive now got two.......the mayhem behind me is bound to be monumental :?
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Too bright.......you should try the Blackburn Mars 4.0, and don't mention the Dinnotte rear....

They don't dazzle, certainly not above car headlamps and tail lamps - you need to stand out....

2 Smarts, and a Mars 4 for commuting on the rear, plus two Hope Vision 1's on the front and two fibre lights on my rucksack.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • mrchrispy
    mrchrispy Posts: 310
    I've a Dinnotte rear and 2 Smarts.
    dont bother with the smarts when the Dinnotte is running as you cant see them...its so bright. just there as backups.
  • sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901

They are bright but not as bright as the !/2 watt as I have both on my bike.

Still good for he money and might get on for my sons bike as he is with me anyway when out on the bike.