More Bordry

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2009 in Pro race
http://www.lemonde.fr/sports/article/20 ... id=1210866

New form of EPO not yet on market likely being used and teams not disposing of their rubbish properly are the highlights

:roll:
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    A new form of EPO that is not yet approved and is still in clinical trials! Jesus wept, the lengths some people will go to to get a competitive edge.
  • andyp wrote:
    A new form of EPO that is not yet approved and is still in clinical trials! Jesus wept, the lengths some people will go to to get a competitive edge.
    Nothing new about this story though. It has been said that cyclists effectively act as guinea pigs for drugs that are undergoing development. For another illustration of how far some people will go consider the near-death experience of Mauro Gianetti back in 1998. He collapsed during the Tour of Romandie after being injected with perfluorocarbon (compounds with the ability to 'carry' gases like oxygen) and was in intensive care for ten days!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    I know the Giannetti story as I was living in Switzerland at the time. That he is allowed to then go on to run a team is laughable.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    I was seized by the scarcity of certain riders," says Pierre Bordry.

Hmmm. Is he pointing the finger at anyone in particular there?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,805
    Timoid. wrote:
    I was seized by the scarcity of certain riders," says Pierre Bordry.

Hmmm. Is he pointing the finger at anyone in particular there?

what i thought too
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    andyp wrote:

If they are expecting to go commericial with this in 2011, they must be at the end of the large-scale stage 3 trials at this point. Shouldn't be much more of a risk than taking most other compounds at this point, depending on how clued in their source is to the success of the trials
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'