New car excitement

13»

Comments

• ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Interesting website :)

Figures for my modified S4 aren't far off...

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 485
    Weight without Driver (KG) : 1575
    Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 312.88
    0 - 60 (Secs) : 3.59
    0 - 100 (Secs) : 8.47
    60 - 100 (Secs) : 4.88
    Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.10
    Terminal Speed (MPH) : 119.53
    Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 11.70
    Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 123.53

0-60 is pretty spot on (ran a 3.7 at GTI) however I can't get under 12 secs for the 1/4 mile :(

adam_bence_2.jpg
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Jeez Ads your S4 sounds like a flipping beast! Any vids or more pics of it?! That'sproper supercar performance!

Real - got a bit lucky with work (the company took off well!) but it's nothing you can't do if you give it a go. Tested an Evo FQ360 - now that is one evil car! Loved it but very hard to look after one sensibly. The 335d is sort of part family estate (good on fuel, spacious, comfy, etc) part evil road burner - it even manages to sound good when pushed hard!

That test ignores torque... mistake! Pretty spot on for 0-60 for ours but a fair bit down on 0-100 and 60-100...
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    nice car, looks good in black, but "what do you really need to get from a to b mattyboy?" :wink::lol:
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • Surf-Matt
    Our other car - A softop Suzuki Jimny... :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    Our other car - A softop Suzuki Jimny... :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Sweeeeet 8) Always hire one when we go to Greece, great for exploring :)
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    Jeez Ads your S4 sounds like a flipping beast! Any vids or more pics of it?! That'sproper supercar performance!
    badge002.jpg
    Loads of track pics on the wall in the spare bedroom :)
    Currently running 486bhp @ flywheel and 520lbft 8)
    Spec:
    Engine
    600cc injectors
    Bosch fuel pump
    K04 turbos
    Milltek dual 100cpsi system
    MRC oil cooler
    MRC FMIC
    MRC ceramic tubular manifolds
    MRC Compression Lowering Head Gaskets
    MRC remap
    phenolic spacers.
    APR Bi-pipe
    Transmission
    MRC Lightweight Flywheel
    RS4 clutch
    tanoga short shifter
    ESP Drive Train Stabilizer
    Suspension
    H&R coilovers
    H&R ARBs
    MRC ARB brackets
    Brakes
    RS4 B7 8 pot Brembo calipers
    RS6 discs
    S8 rear brakes
    Ferodo DS2500 pads
    Interior
    AWE boost gauge
    Recaro Pole Position bucket seats
    Wheels and tyres
    18" OZ Superleggeras
    Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric tyres.
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • Surf-Matt
    So you've had the odd tweak here and there then?!

Awesome machine - has it appeared in any mags?

The Jimny is a comedy car - but tows our little boat, will go where Defenders get stuck (proper low range 'box, almost no overhangs, bomb proof) and so tiny that it's laughably easy to park. Slightly gay of course but very useful... :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i drovea jimny around greece before and it was ace, actuall capable in the rough stuff as it has loads of clearance due to the short wheel base. one thing i found though was that either the car is too narrow, or im too wide but either way, i looked like i was driving a mario kart!!
  • shin0r
    shin0r Posts: 555
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    [

You do realise that no-one will let you out at junctions? :wink:

It's ok I'm used to it. People treat you differently when you drive a "nice" car; they don't let you out at junctions, they tailgate you or cut you up on the motorway; park deliberately close - I've learned to live with it but it boils my piss when people behave in this way when my wife is driving.

I put this down to petty jealousy and self esteem issues on the part of the pepetrators - their life choices have led them down a path where they don't want to be, and their impotent rage can't help but spill over when they see someone in a decent vehicle. Fuck them, they're ignorant cunts.

The myth that BMW/Merc/AUDI drivers are all arrogant, aggressive drivers is perpetuated in this way - many times the only way to change lanes or exit a junction in one of these cars is to push in because no-one is courteous enough to let you in :)

Conversely when I'm driving our knackered old fiesta people are all sweetness and light, go figure. :roll:
  • Surf-Matt
    Shin0r - I'm getting mixed reactions - some people going out of their way to let me in, others being a bit narky. Plus a few chavs trying it on.

People do seem to like the Jimny though - never had a single aggressive driving act directed at it!

Sheeps - they are a wee but narrow but are SO good off road. We've gone up silly track that is very much "tractor only" and been fine. Amazingly capable yet not many people realise it.

Very few 4x4s could even get up the slope to where we parked ours for this shot!

Phonepics001.jpg