Asda Pull Bike Ad - No Mention Of Sheepsteeth

blister pus
blister pus Posts: 5,780
edited July 2009 in The Crudcatcher
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/jul/2 ... -dangerous
Asda back-pedals after advert shows £70 bike built so badly it was dangerous

Supermarket pulls TV ad for 'flat-pack' bike after experts say brakes and steering would not work properly

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Excellent.

No reply to my emails yet.
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    So Sonic, what's it like to be called an "Expert" in a national newspaper? :wink:
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • Good work, I just saw the ad for the first time but they've fixed it now.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Yep fixed now, impressed :)
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not seen either yet...

I wonder if Adsa have fixed the 12 other problems I outlined when I emailed them?!
  • MarkEo
    MarkEo Posts: 308
    Haha good effort supersonic, very impressive - stupid dumb asda!
    Tis better to regret something you've done than to regret not doing something!
  • We picked up the asda free magazine last night when out shopping. Thankfully, my sausage rolls didn't need much putting together :lol: Anyway on the back of it was an interview with chris hoy and this bike promotion thing. I don't think they got him to recommend them but to the average joe, seeing his name and these bikes people will think they're olympic stars on them. I shudder everytime I go past someone on a shockwave or something like this, god help them.
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • I shudder everytime I go past someone on a shockwave or something like this, god help them.
    Same here. £70 may be cheap, but you get what you pay for. It won't last that long.
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    Has anyone managed to find this advert online? I never seen it but would love to see the advert just for the fun of it!
    It's been a while...
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    I thought I noticed it this morning with the forks on the wrong way......