Stage 17 - Bourg-Saint-Maurice - Le Grand-Bornand - SPOILER

1101112131416»

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Kléber wrote:
    Sure Dennis but I bet you don't go home and then start twittering and blogging things to undermine your colleagues, I also suspect you don't question their performances during a press conference.

People in the real world lose their jobs for that kind of thing.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Kléber wrote:
    Sure Dennis but I bet you don't go home and then start twittering and blogging things to undermine your colleagues, I also suspect you don't question their performances during a press conference.

Well, don't we all b*itch and complain to fellow workers about other fellow workers
    who have "done us wrong". And there are more than a few people who b*tch right
    back at the people who are "giving them crap(so to speak)". The only thing different
    is most of us don't have press conferences. But I'm guessing that if we did we would "vent" just like the riders do. Stock holders do it about the company CEO's, politicians call press conferences to b*tch about the President, Prime Minister, or other
    people, etc., etc., I'm kind of on the side of "I don't want to hear it" but it would seem that most everyone wants to vent about something to whomever will listen.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    dennisn wrote:
    Stock holders do it about the company CEO's, politicians call press conferences to b*tch about the President, Prime Minister, or other
    people, etc., etc., I
    When was the last time you heard a company executive attack the CEO, when did you last hear a politician criticise his leader (and not have to resign)?

Sure people have their feelings but it seems stupid for Bruyneel and Armstrong to keep undermining Contador. The Spaniard is the best rider in the world and the sort of rider you want on your team and not with a rival team.
  • Kléber wrote:

the twittering being underming is merely your opinion.
    Alberto has attacked teammates twice.
    Lance has been tacticly perfect.
    I'm beginning to think Alberto is not the brightest bulb on the tree.
  • Kléber
    It's Alberto's opinion, not mine. Feel free to read the Spanish press.

Contador's attacked his team mates three times, once to Arcalis, once to Verbier and once on the Colombiere yesterday. This is how he is winning the race and it's clear he's the best rider around.
  • Kléber wrote:

Contador's attacked his team mates three times, once to Arcalis, once to Verbier and once on the Colombiere yesterday. This is how he is winning the race and it's clear he's the best rider around.

What did Alberto say?
    Those attacks are not why he's winning and you know it.
  • Kléber
    jack, if you don't know what Contador is saying, why do you pretend to know what he's doing?

As for the attacks, what else put him in yellow? That's where he's put time into Armstrong, no?
  • Kléber wrote:

The first attack yesterday was the only one of the 3 that made sense. 2 of them broke cycling practice.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Kléber wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Stock holders do it about the company CEO's, politicians call press conferences to b*tch about the President, Prime Minister, or other
    people, etc., etc., I
    When was the last time you heard a company executive attack the CEO, when did you last hear a politician criticise his leader (and not have to resign)?

Sure people have their feelings but it seems stupid for Bruyneel and Armstrong to keep undermining Contador. The Spaniard is the best rider in the world and the sort of rider you want on your team and not with a rival team.

I agree that it's stupid to undermine AC(if that's what they're doing). It's also stupid for me to not "get along well" with everyone at work or the whole world, for that matter,
    but I am human and it just doesn't seem possible for me to get along with everyone. There
    is always that person that I don't care for. And sometimes I can't really explain why.
  • Kléber wrote:
    jack, if you don't know what Contador is saying, why do you pretend to know what he's doing?

As for the attacks, what else put him in yellow? That's where he's put time into Armstrong, no?

the one on stage 15 was the one he needed.
    First attack yesterday was fine.
    Second was an error.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    So, it's Frank vs Lance on the Ventoux. The other two places on the podium look pretty much set.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    So, it's Frank vs Lance on the Ventoux. The other two places on the podium look pretty much set.
    Last couple of stages suggest Kloden would be better prepared to wthstand Frank's attacks than Lance. We'll see
  • FJS wrote:
    Last couple of stages suggest Kloden would be better prepared to wthstand Frank's attacks than Lance. We'll see

Lance won't be marking Wiggo tomorrow so if he can and it comes down to it, it could be Astana 3 against 2 Saxo.

I'd be very surprised if Kloden attacked Lance in the end.
  • Kléber
    Note they are riding to Aubenas tomorrow. Ventoux's on Saturday.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    FJS wrote:

Lance won't be marking Wiggo tomorrow so if he can and it comes down to it, it could be Astana 3 against 2 Saxo.

I'd be very surprised if Kloden attacked Lance in the end.

Yes, Saxo 2 v Astana 3 v............. Brad :D
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Brad may have vandevelde to give him a helping hand in the skirmishes lower down with maybe someone from a break giving him help for a few minutes. Hopefully they can work something out to get him into a good position
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    In the latest CS and the interview with Wiggins, it came to light that he was using a 42 tooth chainring! He says he was overgeared which isn't a surprise, but this seems like a mistake that should easily have been avoided given a quick look at the profile:
    PROFIL.gif
    Unless riders routinely use a 42?!?!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kléber
    Some do but the climb of the Romme was known to be very steep.