Is www.parker-international.co.uk a good site to buy from?

2»

Comments

• jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    Had nothing but good experiences with Parker's, including over the phone and through the web.

I find hollypolly's posts a bit dubious -- 4 posts in total, two of which on this thread.
  • I tend to try them first these days - prices usually better than wiggle & CRC with a service thats been just as good. No one is ever going to get it everything right all the time always always; its a pity when the 1 in 50 mistake is the first time you use them though, rather than the 49th :)

Merlin Cycles are worth a look for "off the shelf" handbuilt wheels too
  • Oh - just checked my credit card and I have now received the refund.

Still a little odd that they took the money before telling me that it was out of stock - but I guess Parker-wear is still a fairly new site (I think) in comparison to Parker-International, and still have a few 'bugs' to iron out.

edit: and I do agree that PI's prices are great - as is their service.
  • I ordered a rear Mavic Open Pro Silver 36h from them last Wed and it arrived yesterday, so less than 3 days from build to dispatch. Build looks very good. Ordered the matching front today. Very happy with them.

Just a quicky, I notice my brake pads, Kool stop Salmons are leaving black marks on the rims. Normal?
    Contact matt at bikeradar dot com please
  • petejuk
    petejuk Posts: 235
    Have been buying for many years from Parker-International. I've never had any problems with the site or the delivery times. With the free postage and the more competitive prices, I've been using them often of late and the fact that they now accept paypal means more convenience for me. I've never had a wheel or wheelset from them since I usually build my own.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Parker International are Brilliant to deal with, they are only 15 miles up the road so I regularly go up to them.

The lads in there are nearly all racers and extremely knowledgeable, can't rate them high enough and if you visit in person they are always up for a deal 8)
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    hollypolly wrote:
    My comment Avoid at any cost may seem harsh but a behavior like that it is not acceptable and insulting.

I specifically asked if the items were in stock and first they took their time to answer yes, then another three days to say nothing is in stock... and AMAZINGLY with what appears to be a generic pre-made answer, so they did not even took two minutes to write a personalized email to apologize for the mistake or offer some alternatives.

This to a first time customer and in recession times means they don't give a cent about whatever they do. People here who have been shopping with them for decades must be really lucky guys.

Calm down, you'll give yourself a heart attack. Firstly, it is entirely possible you card was never charged for the order. Once an order has been placed online a piece of software will check your card details and address are correct, the card is not fraudulent and check you have available funds to pay for the order and put a 'shadow' on these funds. The money is still in your account but looks as if it has been taken as its 'reserved' to pay for your order. If for whatever reason the order is cancelled, or after a set period of time the shadow is lifted and your money appears again. You can sometimes spend funds under a shadow, sometimes not.

Secondly, if every email sent to a customer was personalised and hand written it would take all day, and no-one would be processing orders (which you would no doubt be on here moaning about).

You experience has been frustrating, but no more than that.
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    calm down - this thread is almost a year old!
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    I ordered a rear Mavic Open Pro Silver 36h from them last Wed and it arrived yesterday, so less than 3 days from build to dispatch. Build looks very good. Ordered the matching front today. Very happy with them.

Just a quicky, I notice my brake pads, Kool stop Salmons are leaving black marks on the rims. Normal?

The 3 days from build to dispatch is excellent - any reason why my DA rear mech (and somebody else's wheels that didn't need building up) have taken more than a week after being bought from you?

Reply please.
  • No way am i buying from Parker again

i order an item ( great price) ..turns out it wasn't in stock after all. I was told 3 days later it would arrive in a month if i still wanted it..but i was able to cancel it off my order...thankfully.

i paid by paypal. this payyment receipt had my present address as my Delivery address

However Parker still had my address from over 5 years ago. At no time was i asked to confirm that address and it wasn't on any recipient. i had no idea they had that old address.

but as i say my present address was on the paypal receipt .so i was happy.

anyway they sent it to the wrong address ...i only found out by asking where my order was? they blame me and they didnt ring the post office and there is no refund

i asked 4 times please can you tell me if the delivery was a recorded delivery so i can trace it at the post office. he refused to tell me, 4 times i asked!!! he just talked around it and said things like ...well, if you checked before you paid all would have been o.k!

their system is crooked...i am not saying it is like this for everyone..because i once shopped there many years ago. and it was o.k ,.but there are holes in that system and if you find one ...tough luck!!!