Another three weeks in....

bristolpete
bristolpete Posts: 2,255
edited July 2009 in Road beginners
hi all,

Just an update. Three weeks into my new regime with my Saturday rides being between 3-4 hours now. Really feeling the benefit of riding with a club - but hills catching me out so thinking about a new cassette.

What is interesting is that last night I did a 2.5 hour ride with an old riding friend and noted his boom or bust technique and let him ride off into the distance knowing I would catch him and power past him. Naturally when it came to the sprints he had nothing there. In the end, he facebooked me last night to say he was shocked how far I have come. I told him he needed to start riding smart....

The thought of riding three time 2 hour + rides a week was a dream just a few weeks ago....

Anyway, all going well, people noticing the change in weight and shape, but my long term plan is still over the following year as I still need to loose a stone or more, not overly fat, just an ex rugby player who got ill in 2007 and had to have three operations but the results are getting there -

http://petetileytitanimages.blogspot.co ... -results=7

Th Kuota Kebel is a great bike, it literally talks to you about your cadence and simply helps you become a better rider.

So all good. Livestrong and all that jazz. I hope everyone else new or in the same place as me is feeling as good.

Pete.

Comments

• Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Great news pete, keep on rolling!