Mavic Crossride Wheelset

2»

Comments

• wilkij1975
    wilkij1975 Posts: 532
    Normally between 15 - 16 stone. I very rarely get extreme but like to do the odd jump or drop if one presents itself. I'm too old to get extreme now!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Have a read of this:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12633867

Seems a similar situation!

XC717 are the classic XC rim at 410g
    XM719 is a middle of the road rim, slightly wider and 470g.
    EN521 the Enduro rim at 530g or so.
    EX721 extreme rim at 595.

last two number digits refer to internal width.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    supersonic wrote:
    You need something to keep the blades straight mind.

Unless CXRay or DT Aerolite, I would just use DB spokes for a 32 spoke build personally.

I built some wheels for a mate (first pair, i'd previously built a rear for my flatmate) with the dt aerospeed (non double butted elliptical spokes) for his road bike. I found I didn't need anything to hold the spokes straight, they'd twist as the nipple turned, but i could turn, say more than the 1/4 turn i wanted, then turn them back so the nipple wouldn't unthread just untwist the spoke. Made the build really easy.
  • wilkij1975
    wilkij1975 Posts: 532
    Just ordered some custom wheels. Got DT 4.2 rims on red Hope front hub and XT rear. Got the XT rear to save some money and also was worried about the noise from the Hope rear. Hope the red looks good :D
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Sorry - was trying to flog my Crossrides, then saw your latest post
  • bigdavep
    bigdavep Posts: 64
    i got some xc717 on xt's from merlin about 4 months ago.. been great, taken some beatings (i'm 16 stone) and still true.. go for it..